Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Illuminated Ignition Ring.

Richiemac

Just ordered this now. Contacted the seller and he can get red, white or blue for Focus. Should save fumbling about on these dark evenings looking for the ignition key hole......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320792777186&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

I have the fitting instructions, will put them up shortly, nice Saturday morning job :)

Bought for £17 all in by the way, selling direct.

post-26888-0-96113700-1321265969_thumb.j

post-26888-0-83246100-1321265971_thumb.j

• Like 2

Yeah, piggy backs onto existing loom blocks up in the roof, so no cutting. Instructions are WPS document and too big to upload, unless theres another way ?

Yeah, piggy backs onto existing loom blocks up in the roof, so no cutting. Instructions are WPS document and too big to upload, unless theres another way ?

These are a very nice mod,

i have my name in for a red one,

my mate will be selling these for €9.96 or £8.50 in the coming weeks shipping from Ireland in colours blue, White or red.

identical item to the one above

Within Ireland postage is €4.70 First class registered post Tracking number.

not sure what the price is to the uk his email is

fastfocuscustomparts@live.ie

Ive Just Purchased one of these in red from Fastfocuscustomparts for £8.52 Click Here

I should recieve it tomorrow :D

they also have stock of the custom climate controls all shipping from ireland instead of china

so quicker delivery times 3 days

instead of 3 weeks

B)

can anyone upload the document on megaupload, hot file or any other free hosting site?

how big of a job is it to connect a wire from dome light down the window column to the ignition??

• Like 1

how big of a job is it to connect a wire from dome light down the window column to the ignition??

Not a big one mate these kits come with the plugs needed to filter the power supply and full fitting instructions, ive purchased one myself i should get it tomorrow so looking foward to fitting,

if you reach up to the windscreen where the roof lining meets the glass you can pull lth lining doen just enough to route the cable inside the lining acroos to the door

then theirs no need to remove A pillar cover, just remove the rubber strip on the door and run the cable inside it doen to inside the footwell,

then up the steering coulmn in to the ignition.

although if you have footwell lights in your car you wont need to run a power cable down from the interior light as you can tap in to the power of the footwell lights, :P

Received my ignition ring light this morning,

Very happy with it, fits perfectly in the surrounding slot and comes complete with the loom, so no need to purchase extra cables or splice in to any either,

I didn’t run the cable up the pillar to the interior light i just run the cable down to the driver’s footwell light and cut it to length then spliced in to the footwell loom its brilliant, lights up when i unlock the car, open the doors or switch off the engine.

Image1134.jpg

Image1135.jpg

Image1128.jpg

Image1131.jpg

lianIve got the Loom piece left over from my install as i tapped in to the footwells,

however this piece would be useful for anyone who doesnt have the footwell lights working in ther car as it filters the cables saving you from cutting the car loom,

if any one wants it PM me its free you just need to pay for the postage which would be £4.50 to the UK, See Picture Below B)

Image1132.jpg

Received my ignition ring light this morning,

Very happy with it, fits perfectly in the surrounding slot and comes complete with the loom, so no need to purchase extra cables or splice in to any either,

I didn't run the cable up the pillar to the interior light i just run the cable down to the driver's footwell light and cut it to length then spliced in to the footwell loom its brilliant, lights up when i unlock the car, open the doors or switch off the engine.

Image1134.jpg

Image1135.jpg

Image1128.jpg

Image1131.jpg

lianIve got the Loom piece left over from my install as i tapped in to the footwells,

however this piece would be useful for anyone who doesnt have the footwell lights working in ther car as it filters the cables saving you from cutting the car loom,

if any one wants it PM me its free you just need to pay for the postage which would be £4.50 to the UK, See Picture Below B)

Image1132.jpg

since i dont have the footwell lights ide be interested to see how it fits to the courtesy light. and nope ive checked all the wiring no wires foir footwell lights mine was ordered specifically without them boo hoo

Linking to the Courtest is a simple one wire feed as Lenny described , picking up an earth from any where near to where your requirement is.

I like the Rings and would of fitted one if mine had not been keyless start , my start button lights up already , not that it would have fitted there.

Linking to the Courtest is a simple one wire feed as Lenny described , picking up an earth from any where near to where your requirement is.

I like the Rings and would of fitted one if mine had not been keyless start , my start button lights up already , not that it would have fitted there.

ill hold you to that lol sod it ive ordered one from where lenny got his so we will see

ill hold you to that lol sod it ive ordered one from where lenny got his so we will see

Nice one , i'm waiting for that guy to get some Black or Silver Heater control knobs he is emailing me when they arrive.:)

• Like 1

Nice one , i'm waiting for that guy to get some Black or Silver Heater control knobs he is emailing me when they arrive.:)

let me know im after them as well :D

• Like 1

can anyone upload the document on megaupload, hot file or any other free hosting site?

Try this link and let me know if it works,

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|352tl3|964781129|FORD_Focus_LED_Illuminating_Ignition_Barrel_Fitting_Instructions.docx|680

post-8800-0-72914600-1321539888_thumb.pn

the guys out of stock so i have to wait till end of month but ive done this with the instructions hope they help post-8800-0-33727200-1321539785_thumb.pn post-8800-0-77365800-1321539791_thumb.pn post-8800-0-52567300-1321539805_thumb.pnpost-8800-0-22467700-1321539812_thumb.pnpost-8800-0-96676600-1321539842_thumb.pn post-8800-0-94682700-1321539907_thumb.pn post-8800-0-04392500-1321540246_thumb.pn post-8800-0-95747400-1321540252_thumb.pn

Nice Guide,

Dont mean to rub it in about the footwell lights Arthur mate :(

but if you splice in to the footwell loom like i did when installing mine, you dont need to remove much of the interior

just the panel under the steering wheel which is 2 x T25 screws then the panel just clips off allowing enough space to fit your hand in and fit the ring,

and this kit is great if you dont have footwell lights active as you can splice the cable of the ring to the footwell loom activating the footwell lights too. B)

Nice Guide,

Dont mean to rub it in about the footwell lights Arthur mate :(

but if you splice in to the footwell loom like i did when installing mine, you dont need to remove much of the interior

just the panel under the steering wheel which is 2 x T25 screws then the panel just clips off allowing enough space to fit your hand in and fit the ring,

and this kit is great if you dont have footwell lights active as you can splice the cable of the ring to the footwell loom activating the footwell lights too. B)

never thought of that i hate car electrics to be honest tend to avoid them but as you say a few led strips in the footwells 1 each side would the cable take it though havin the light to the ignition ring then being spliced to take the 2 leds as welli dont have and cant find any footwell loom at all

never thought of that i hate car electrics to be honest tend to avoid them but as you say a few led strips in the footwells 1 each side would the cable take it though havin the light to the ignition ring then being spliced to take the 2 leds as welli dont have and cant find any footwell loom at all

Dont worry mate, not a chance you would blow a fuse as led's run on a very low current,

to install the footwells bridging the power from the ignition ring you would need

2metres of Cable Click Here

4 Splicing Connectors Click Here

and these strips Click Here

or these plugs Click Here

to make an original ford job of it, these bulb sockets will clip in to the holders you have in the footwells

If your buying the led strips they will probably have enough cable on them to reach the loom of the ignition ring so you wouldnt need to buy the 2metres of cable,

just the splicing connectors.

and you cant go wrong mate,

the ignition light only has possitive and negative feed,

blue is the positive

Black is the negative

Splice in to each with the red and black of either the cable or footwell led strips, job done

everytome you then start, stop, unlock or open any of the car doors the lights will come on.

for extra precaution you can tape over all connections with electrical insulating tape. B)

Dont worry mate, not a chance you would blow a fuse as led's run on a very low current,

to install the footwells bridging the power from the ignition ring you would need

2metres of Cable Click Here

4 Splicing Connectors Click Here

and these strips Click Here

or these plugs Click Here

to make an original ford job of it, these bulb sockets will clip in to the holders you have in the footwells

If your buying the led strips they will probably have enough cable on them to reach the loom of the ignition ring so you wouldnt need to buy the 2metres of cable,

just the splicing connectors.

and you cant go wrong mate,

the ignition light only has possitive and negative feed,

blue is the positive

Black is the negative

Splice in to each with the red and black of either the cable or footwell led strips, job done

everytome you then start, stop, unlock or open any of the car doors the lights will come on.

for extra precaution you can tape over all connections with electrical insulating tape. B)

cheers mate ive ordered the led strips and scotchlock connectors just have to wait till the ignition ring comes into stock sounds easy enough. can i scotchlock both the led strip +and negative wires to the ignition wires with 1 scotchlock or does it have to be a seperate scotchlock for each connection.i know im stupid with electrics lol

hey artscot79 heres a pic for you. this is the cable behind the glove box i believe to be for the footwell lights. the cable is black and orange

DSC_0156.jpg

i dont know if this cable does both light or just the passenger footwell as i havnt yet found another bunch of cable. if anyone could help it would b much appreciated.

if i found these cables had voltage is it just a case of cutting the block off the end and attaching the footwell lights using a connector block??

(also can you let me know if the picture works? not sure if im doing it right lol)

aaron

hey artscot79 heres a pic for you. this is the cable behind the glove box i believe to be for the footwell lights. the cable is black and orange

DSC_0156.jpg

i dont know if this cable does both light or just the passenger footwell as i havnt yet found another bunch of cable. if anyone could help it would b much appreciated.

if i found these cables had voltage is it just a case of cutting the block off the end and attaching the footwell lights using a connector block??

(also can you let me know if the picture works? not sure if im doing it right lol)

aaron

dont have it had glove box out and checked all the wiring and its not there if theres voltage then yes will be a case of fitting the connectors to them if those are the wires im sure they are the same colour as interior light solid orange and solid black

Aaron sorry to say mate,

that's not the footwell loom, the cables for the footwell lights are black for negative and orange for positive, Haynes manual also says these colours.

Arthur

Below is a diagram of two splicing blocks,

The info is in each terminal to indicate what cable should be in each one,

The way the splicing block works is when you close them on the cables with pliers or vice grips

A blade comes down across both cables bridging the current to both cables.

Hope this helps mate.

SpliceBlockDiagram.jpg

Alternatively if the cables for the led strips is very thin, you may be best get a Stanley blade and rubbing up along the cable gently strip the rubber insulation for a length of around 10-15mm on the cable leading to the ignition ring, (like pealing a carrot) taking care not to cut through the copper part.

Then strip the cable leading to the footwell light and wrap this cable around the bare copper piece you have striped on the cable leading to the ignition ring light,

Once wrapped tape up the connection with insulating tape,

If you don't need the splicing connectors then, I'll buy them off you mate as im sure ill use them somewhere sometime.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club