• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Name: Richard
  • Ford Model: Focus 2014 1.6 tdci + S max 2011
  • Year: 2014

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:22 AM

link incorrect

Did you create an account and try to download it as a free user ?

https://rapidshare.c...structions.docx

#18 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,203 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:40 PM

6.PNG

Did you create an account and try to download it as a free user ?

https://rapidshare.c...structions.docx

the guys out of stock so i have to wait till end of month but ive done this with the instructions hope they help 1.PNG 2.PNG 3.PNG 4.PNG 5.PNG 7.PNG 8.PNG 9.PNG

#19 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,695 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:02 PM

6.PNG

the guys out of stock so i have to wait till end of month but ive done this with the instructions hope they help 1.PNG 2.PNG 3.PNG 4.PNG 5.PNG 7.PNG 8.PNG 9.PNG

Nice Guide,
Dont mean to rub it in about the footwell lights Arthur mate :(
but if you splice in to the footwell loom like i did when installing mine, you dont need to remove much of the interior

just the panel under the steering wheel which is 2 x T25 screws then the panel just clips off allowing enough space to fit your hand in and fit the ring,

and this kit is great if you dont have footwell lights active as you can splice the cable of the ring to the footwell loom activating the footwell lights too. B)

#20 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:34 PM

Nice Guide,
Dont mean to rub it in about the footwell lights Arthur mate :(
but if you splice in to the footwell loom like i did when installing mine, you dont need to remove much of the interior

just the panel under the steering wheel which is 2 x T25 screws then the panel just clips off allowing enough space to fit your hand in and fit the ring,

and this kit is great if you dont have footwell lights active as you can splice the cable of the ring to the footwell loom activating the footwell lights too. B)

never thought of that i hate car electrics to be honest tend to avoid them but as you say a few led strips in the footwells 1 each side would the cable take it though havin the light to the ignition ring then being spliced to take the 2 leds as welli dont have and cant find any footwell loom at all

#21 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,695 posts
Contributor

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:02 PM

never thought of that i hate car electrics to be honest tend to avoid them but as you say a few led strips in the footwells 1 each side would the cable take it though havin the light to the ignition ring then being spliced to take the 2 leds as welli dont have and cant find any footwell loom at all

Dont worry mate, not a chance you would blow a fuse as led's run on a very low current,
to install the footwells bridging the power from the ignition ring you would need

2metres of Cable Click Here
4 Splicing Connectors Click Here
and these strips Click Here
or these plugs Click Here
to make an original ford job of it, these bulb sockets will clip in to the holders you have in the footwells

If your buying the led strips they will probably have enough cable on them to reach the loom of the ignition ring so you wouldnt need to buy the 2metres of cable,
just the splicing connectors.

and you cant go wrong mate,
the ignition light only has possitive and negative feed,
blue is the positive
Black is the negative

Splice in to each with the red and black of either the cable or footwell led strips, job done

everytome you then start, stop, unlock or open any of the car doors the lights will come on.

for extra precaution you can tape over all connections with electrical insulating tape. B)

#22 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:53 PM

Dont worry mate, not a chance you would blow a fuse as led's run on a very low current,
to install the footwells bridging the power from the ignition ring you would need

2metres of Cable Click Here
4 Splicing Connectors Click Here
and these strips Click Here
or these plugs Click Here
to make an original ford job of it, these bulb sockets will clip in to the holders you have in the footwells

If your buying the led strips they will probably have enough cable on them to reach the loom of the ignition ring so you wouldnt need to buy the 2metres of cable,
just the splicing connectors.

and you cant go wrong mate,
the ignition light only has possitive and negative feed,
blue is the positive
Black is the negative

Splice in to each with the red and black of either the cable or footwell led strips, job done

everytome you then start, stop, unlock or open any of the car doors the lights will come on.

for extra precaution you can tape over all connections with electrical insulating tape. B)

cheers mate ive ordered the led strips and scotchlock connectors just have to wait till the ignition ring comes into stock sounds easy enough. can i scotchlock both the led strip +and negative wires to the ignition wires with 1 scotchlock or does it have to be a seperate scotchlock for each connection.i know im stupid with electrics lol

#23 alkyz89

alkyz89

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Name: Aaron
  • Ford Model: focus zetec S

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:54 PM

hey artscot79 heres a pic for you. this is the cable behind the glove box i believe to be for the footwell lights. the cable is black and orange

Posted Image

i dont know if this cable does both light or just the passenger footwell as i havnt yet found another bunch of cable. if anyone could help it would b much appreciated.

if i found these cables had voltage is it just a case of cutting the block off the end and attaching the footwell lights using a connector block??

(also can you let me know if the picture works? not sure if im doing it right lol)

aaron

#24 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:26 PM

hey artscot79 heres a pic for you. this is the cable behind the glove box i believe to be for the footwell lights. the cable is black and orange

Posted Image

i dont know if this cable does both light or just the passenger footwell as i havnt yet found another bunch of cable. if anyone could help it would b much appreciated.

if i found these cables had voltage is it just a case of cutting the block off the end and attaching the footwell lights using a connector block??

(also can you let me know if the picture works? not sure if im doing it right lol)

aaron

dont have it had glove box out and checked all the wiring and its not there if theres voltage then yes will be a case of fitting the connectors to them if those are the wires im sure they are the same colour as interior light solid orange and solid black

#25 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,695 posts
Contributor

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:38 PM

Aaron sorry to say mate,
that's not the footwell loom, the cables for the footwell lights are black for negative and orange for positive, Haynes manual also says these colours.

Arthur

Below is a diagram of two splicing blocks,

The info is in each terminal to indicate what cable should be in each one,

The way the splicing block works is when you close them on the cables with pliers or vice grips

A blade comes down across both cables bridging the current to both cables.

Hope this helps mate.

Posted Image
Alternatively if the cables for the led strips is very thin, you may be best get a Stanley blade and rubbing up along the cable gently strip the rubber insulation for a length of around 10-15mm on the cable leading to the ignition ring, (like pealing a carrot) taking care not to cut through the copper part.

Then strip the cable leading to the footwell light and wrap this cable around the bare copper piece you have striped on the cable leading to the ignition ring light,

Once wrapped tape up the connection with insulating tape,
If you don't need the splicing connectors then, I'll buy them off you mate as im sure ill use them somewhere sometime.

#26 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:25 AM

Cheers mate they do look thin but both the positives twisted together and sliced with the scotchlocks should be fine and as u say some electrical tape just to be double sure u cn have the spare scothlocks mate wnt need them all

#27 alkyz89

alkyz89

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:03 PM

cheers lenny any ideas wot these cables are for?? and if i wanted the ignition ring and footwell lights am i best to start with the loom suplied with the ignition ring fit that then splice into those for the footwell light feed? also wud i need to attch some sort of fused device??

#28 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,695 posts
Contributor

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:10 PM

cheers lenny any ideas wot these cables are for?? and if i wanted the ignition ring and footwell lights am i best to start with the loom suplied with the ignition ring fit that then splice into those for the footwell light feed? also wud i need to attch some sort of fused device??

Not sure what the connector is for mate, ill check the haynes at a later date and see what i can come up with,

as for connecting the footwell lights mate,
the easiest way would be to purchase the ignition light and tap in to the loom of it,
then run a new cable from the ignition light loom to each footwell light directly,
dont tap in to the footwell loom that is already there as it also leads to parts of the engine
and it is not recommended to send power to places that it is unknown what it actually does, as it may cause trouble in some areas.

as for the fuse, its not essential as the centre light is on a fuse already and the power is being brought from it, the lights all run on very low current so you dont need a bigger fuse neither,
but if you want you can purchase an inline fuse at 3amps but not really required mate.

any more questions just ask B)

#29 HeadShoT2009

HeadShoT2009

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Ford Model: 2001 Ford Focus Black Edition
Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:55 PM

Are there anyone that do green ones also is this only possible with mk2's as I have a mk1 hence why I would like a green one. Cheers guys

#30 alkyz89

alkyz89

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:54 PM

ok lenny few questions for you... Ive got the standard single dome light and i changed the bulb for a white LED bulb... so when the light dims it doesn't turn off completely, even when the car is off and immobilized... will this give me a flat battery?? at the minute when exiting the car i switch the dome light into the off position but its quite annoying lol.

and if i attach the ignition ring and footwell lights will they do the same or do they turn off completely??

did you say your friend has the black custom heater controls and white ignition ring in stock?? cant remember his ebay account lol

cheers for your consistent help lol

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users