Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford F Reader Scanner

rugrat2

Yeah the 500 will make no real difference. It could be just a single bad unit mate though, I would say go for any other and if I can help install the drivers I will. Alternatively just buy the parts and wire it yourself?

I'm looking at having a go as i have a old one,seen a post on here showing how to wire it but can't

find it now,looked at a few on google,if you know of any good ones just let me know.

So what the advantage of the f-super 2 on eBay,is it just a normal elm327 as there a good £8 more.

Yeah standard elm pretty much. As for the post your thinking of do a quick forum search for elm327 you will find the thread

Yeah standard elm pretty much. As for the post your thinking of do a quick forum search for elm327 you will find the thread

Cheers james

Seen another on eBay and sent message to.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221649973347?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

edit.. One is ordered and had message from person saying it will work so try again.

Thanks for your help.

No worries fella good luck and A long as I have time I'm still happy to link up to you and get your pc playing nicely!

No worries fella good luck and A long as I have time I'm still happy to link up to you and get your pc playing nicely!

Cheers :)

Had the other one come and works fine.

forscan works great with it and a few more,whats your main ones you use as well as forscan.

Cheers

Hello, today i've got my f-super reader, but i can't install driver on windows 7 x64. I found a guide on other ford site, but it just gets my windows bsod. Could you help me?

It is possible, as I have run it on the same platform. I think it's the ftdibus files you need is that what you are using?

Yes, ftdiport files install fine, but when i try to install ftdibus it just crashes. Also i tried to run executable file from here, but it doesn't help: <a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0%20But%20it%20doesn" href="http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0%20But%20it%20doesn" t%20help."="">http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

Think that's the one I use, but it shouldn't blue-screen...

When you say it crashes, does it immediately blue screen or does windows just slow to a crawl?

I tried installing 2.10 version, because it allows me to extract files, instead of 2.12 which just runs executable and doesn't work. My windows almost instantly BSOD. As I said port file runs fine, then i try to install bus file and BSOD.

Sounds like an os problem to me, those drivers are for both 32 and 64 bit os

Edit: I solved my problem. I used mobydic drivers and they installed flawlessly.

Edit: I now have another question. Is it possible to programm with f-super? Like change headlights options or it's only for reading error codes?

It'd only for reading and clearing codes, it's best to use a modified elm cable take changes

That's unfortunate, i thought you can do more with this cable, then read codes. If i knew i would have ordered Elm :( Just to be sure, elm can read codes and do some programming?

Elm can do both, the first super May allow you to write on one speed (I think it's medium speed by default) but I'd you want the full range you need modified elm

That's unfortunate, i thought you can do more with this cable, then read codes. If i knew i would have ordered Elm :( Just to be sure, elm can read codes and do some programming?

Mate i just had a new scanner with the switch and its great,as james said it opening a lot more options.

Forscan i find the best and i need to find another one that supports the modified elm as i have now.

Well worth it and JAMES has been great and put me on the right track,i have 2 normal elms and just for codes and

a few read outs on stuff.

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone,

Need some help with f -super cable and error readings..

I am having a trouble reading the AirBag error via F super. I recently bought it from eBay, installed it on my windows 7 laptop, got drivers set up and everything seems to be working fine. I use formidable v2.03 and modules PCM TCM ABS and ICU are active but ABS and AirBag modules are greyed out (not active).

Could anyone advise me what can potentially be a problem? Should I get elm cable? Or should I chase a different software for it?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Art