Do Not Sell My Personal Information

quickclear not so quick!

angelicshetan

this is my first post and i apologise if this topic has been addressed before but i couldn't find the answer to my problem while browsing so thought i'd post.

my dad has an '03 mondeo lx and i have a '53 fushion 2 with the same problem. we both find that our windscreens do not clear fully when using the quickclear button. although the problem is slight in the mondeo (two vertical strips about 5mm wide on the passenger side) its much worse on my fushion, where only half the screen clears (on driver's side). it takes 3 attempts to clear and even then it tends to leave stripes.

has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution? i don't want to have to take it to ford unless there really isn't another option. please help! :blink:

Its a common fault with Fords, sometimes refered to as the 'barcode effect'. The only cure is to get the windscreen replaced.

Its a common fault with Fords, sometimes refered to as the 'barcode effect'. The only cure is to get the windscreen replaced.

+1 here,

all over europe, not in UK only the guys are having this effect - it is a faulty screen

do you know if ford have done anything to resolve this problem as if what you say is true, then it seems to be a manufacturing fault. surely its up to ford to replace the windscreens in these cars?

do you know if ford have done anything to resolve this problem as if what you say is true, then it seems to be a manufacturing fault. surely its up to ford to replace the windscreens in these cars?

Yes,

1. ford has done nothing about it as it is for pinlinkton glass (sorry if spelled incorrectly) to fix it, it is the fault of the screen itself.

2. yes ford take it on charge but unfortunately we are smax owners - cars which are still on warranty. It was free for us but I am sure it is not after the warranty ends.

thanks for letting me know sobaka.

i'll pass the info on, although i think there might be a six year warranty on the mondeo as it was a ford direct car. i might be mistaken - my dad knows. as it is, i guess it'll be £60 excess....for a new windscreen.

i love my car and i begged for a year to have one but do wonder if it was worth it since the car pops out of reverse and dealership couldn't do anything to sort it.....and now this...i guess these things are sent to try us!

i'll pass the info on, although i think there might be a six year warranty on the mondeo as it was a ford direct car. i might be mistaken - my dad knows. as it is, i guess it'll be £60 excess....for a new windscreen.

i love my car and i begged for a year to have one but do wonder if it was worth it since the car pops out of reverse and dealership couldn't do anything to sort it.....and now this...i guess these things are sent to try us!

Well, all cars do break sometimes. Look at this from this side - ford is relatively cheap to maintain, service and repair. Of course in comparison with other brands.

Good luck

It wont be a £60 excess for a new windscreen. The heater elements faulty, your insurance only covers you for broken glass. They wont replace it because the quickclear functions not working properly. You're gonna be paying in the region of £300-£450 for a new heated screen depending who you go to. Its like if the alternator goes, your insurance dont pay for that. Its just another fault in their eyes not damage caused by and accident or attempted theft.

thank you to everyone who posted a response. i have checked the fuse and circuits which are fine. as there was already a small crack on the windscreen - which didn't effect road safety- i should be able to get it replaced. when i purchased joey (so called because of the plate), the crack was inspected by autoglass and told to leave it until it got bigger and to then replace it

thanks again...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club