Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Colour Coded Ms Design Daytime Running Lights Fitted And Working

sufcgb

Hello all I bought and had fitted to my fiesta MK7 car the MS Design Daytime Running Lights colour coded in vision blue, Here a few pictures of my colour coded MS design Daytime Running lights fitted and working

imag0333q.jpg

imag0332x.jpg

imag0331v.jpg

imag0330tv.jpg

imag0329d.jpg

imag0328y.jpg

Oo I like. Nice job. Is much cutting into the bumper involved ?

Oo I like. Nice job. Is much cutting into the bumper involved ?

Yes you get a template to use to mark out the shape of the drls and then they are glued in and left for 48 hours to set, the wiring is 3 wires 2 to the lights and 1 to the earth, I got my local ford garage to fit and wire them up at a cost of £180

Yes the bumper needs to be cut to install the drls and then they are glued in and left for 48 hours to set I got my local ford garage to fit and wire them up at a cost of £180

That was my next question, the price - I take it that excludes the cost of the lights?

Yes the bumper needs to be cut to install the drls and then they are glued in and left for 48 hours to set I got my local ford garage to fit and wire them up at a cost of £180

That was my next question, the price - I take it that excludes the cost of the lights?

The drls cost me £432.00 for the colour coded ones the matt black ones were cheaper from my local ford garage, but there are some on eBay cheaper in matt black that you could get sprayed up in the colour of your car after you've bought them I found these after I ordered mine from my ford garage here is a link to them http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-FORD-Fiesta-2008-Daytime-Running-Lights-/120797575558?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DDLSL%252BSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BUA%26otn%3D10%26pmod%3D120756031385%252B120756031385%26po%3D%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D4242035573812375644

Total cost was £612 for them, by buying them from my ford garage and getting them to fit them if anything does goes wrong with them I came take them back to the ford garage to get them to sort them sorted out

The drls cost me £432.00 for the colour coded ones the matt black ones were cheaper from my local ford garage, but there are some on ebay cheaper in matt black that you could get sprayed up in the colour of your car after you've bought them I found these after I ordered mine from my ford garage here is a link to them http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-FORD-Fiesta-2008-Daytime-Running-Lights-/120797575558?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DDLSL%252BSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BUA%26otn%3D10%26pmod%3D120756031385%252B120756031385%26po%3D%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D4242035573812375644

Thanks for the link, sadly i don't think I can justify that much at the minute on car accessories.

I think they look really good though. Your car would certainly turn my head if you drove past

Paul :-)

£612?! They're nice but not £612 nice...

Mine cost £14.99 - admittedly not as nice as yours but yours aren't 40.82 times better :P

But in summary, yes I like them and they look really good!

P.S. can I have you job please because it must be really good!

• Like 2

Look really good and professional mate.

£612.... pana smart viera with 3D

- or -

leds for my fiesta....

hmm... :lol:

still look sweet tho B)

• Like 1

I still can't decide if I like these, look so much better colour coded, I'd deffo stop for a second look.

Do they give off a white led light or a yellow light?

Edit: Also out of interest any chance of getting some photos of the back of the units and where they are connected? :P

heres a question for you ...

£612 does seem like a lot of money, so as these are Ford items do the relevant lights dim when you use the left or right direction indicator in the same way that all Audi's do?

With only 3 wires i'm guessing they don't. But they still look nice . £600 seems alot of money but i'm certain many have spent more on Upgrades etc.

The ones i have on order for my Focus do Dim on indicator on and side light on, just waiting for them to arrive so i can fit them

£612 does seem like a lot of money, so as these are Ford items do the relevant lights dim when you use the left or right direction indicator in the same way that all Audi's do?

The Audi ones only dim because they're so close to the indicators (in the same Headlight unit). Can't remember if its a legal requirement for DRLs or just a recommendation, but if the DRL and other light sources are more than a couple of inches apart, dimming isn't an issue.

You may now all shout "NERD".

• Like 2

£612?! They're nice but not £612 nice...

Mine cost £14.99 - admittedly not as nice as yours but yours aren't 40.82 times better :P

But in summary, yes I like them and they look really good!

P.S. can I have you job please because it must be really good!

I've saved up for the last 7 months for these drls because I knew what the price would be from ford

• Like 1

The drls are not ford items they are MS Design drls but made for the fiesta, the anwser to your second question is that they only switch off when the side/dipped lights come on

I still can't decide if I like these, look so much better colour coded, I'd deffo stop for a second look.

Do they give off a white led light or a yellow light?

Edit: Also out of interest any chance of getting some photos of the back of the units and where they are connected? :P

They give off a white led light, they are connected to 2 wires to the wires for the side/dipped lights and 1 to an earth point, I'll see if I can get a picture of them from behind

With only 3 wires i'm guessing they don't. But they still look nice . £600 seems alot of money but i'm certain many have spent more on Upgrades etc.

The ones i have on order for my Focus do Dim on indicator on and side light on, just waiting for them to arrive so i can fit them

How much is yours setting you back if you dont mind me asking

The Audi ones only dim because they're so close to the indicators (in the same Headlight unit). Can't remember if its a legal requirement for DRLs or just a recommendation, but if the DRL and other light sources are more than a couple of inches apart, dimming isn't an issue.

You may now all shout "NERD".

Hi Coysht (or Nerd if you prefer :) )

That is correct, Audi (and others ) do this so they don't the mask the indicator light with the drl's and make it safer for the driver and other road uses, I was just thinking as the cost of these drl's seems so high it might be due to the cost of the wiring/electronics to enable this diming on the Ford. Guess I was wrong but I still think the cost of a set is a little high, can't see me buying any in the near future :unsure:

How much is yours setting you back if you dont mind me asking

I have just paid £93.60 inc delivery for these , about another week before they arrive i'm guessing.

I will wire them myself, 3 different settings on them

http://www.thespeedl...OCUS-DRL/Detail

they are nice , but not a nice looking as your DRL's

I have just paid £93.60 inc delivery for these , about another week before they arrive i'm guessing.

I will wire them myself, 3 different settings on them

http://www.thespeedl...OCUS-DRL/Detail

they are nice , but not a nice looking as your DRL's

They are alright yours would look good once on and working at least you dont have to cut in to your bumper to fit them so you'll have yours up and running in no time

Yes i hope so , i now have the tracking number for them so they will arrive eventually lol. My only concern would be heat if i use the spot lights , not that i ever do use them lol

Yes i hope so , i now have the tracking number for them so they will arrive eventually lol. My only concern would be heat if i use the spot lights , not that i ever do use them lol

They look good from what I can make out, that site has used a terrible picture

Hi , i am picking my car up today , had mine fitted too , just a question , do they turn off when you have side or dipped headlights on ? IE so at night they would not be on whilst normal car lights are on , thanks