Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Very Confusing Issue

MattHenry

Hello all,

So I am pretty stumped, problem first....I have posted it here as even though its audio that place seems full of radio code requests and it is more of a technical question.

Mondeo 2003 facelift

6000 CD stereo facelift one with the volume in the middle

Essentially, I had to get a radio code as the battery had run flat before I picked it up. That done I attempted to use the stereo unit, but the sound is barely audible, like seriously quiet.

So I thought speaker issues or amp issues (has one built into a 6000cd i think?)

Did the speaker test thing, holding 6 then pressing 3 and you get a tone that alternates through all the Speakers, everything is fine with this and the volume is absolutely fine, so for me it cannot be Speakers or the amp. There are two fuses listed for the radio on the fuse diagram thingy but again for the same reason I figure it cannot be this.

So it can play loud noises

It does play CD's and radio but very quietly

Any ideas or experience?

Thanks in advance

Hello all,

So I am pretty stumped, problem first....I have posted it here as even though its audio that place seems full of radio code requests and it is more of a technical question.

Mondeo 2003 facelift

6000 CD stereo facelift one with the volume in the middle

Essentially, I had to get a radio code as the battery had run flat before I picked it up. That done I attempted to use the stereo unit, but the sound is barely audible, like seriously quiet.

So I thought speaker issues or amp issues (has one built into a 6000cd i think?)

Did the speaker test thing, holding 6 then pressing 3 and you get a tone that alternates through all the speakers, everything is fine with this and the volume is absolutely fine, so for me it cannot be speakers or the amp. There are two fuses listed for the radio on the fuse diagram thingy but again for the same reason I figure it cannot be this.

So it can play loud noises

It does play CD's and radio but very quietly

Any ideas or experience?

Thanks in advance

sounds like the speaker channels are braking down i think

sounds like the speaker channels are braking down i think

Mu guess is mate,

you had to remove your stereo to obtain the serial number from the back

in order to obtain the code for the stereo,

in doing this the audio cable may have come loose from the rear of the unit?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club