Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Titanium Gps Aerial Location

richmog08

I have a 2008 Focus Titanium with the Travelpilot FX sat nav installed. At present i have a no gps message displayed when in the navigation function and the system is unable to recognise the location. I have been led to believe, by a ford auto electrician, that if i replace the aerial base it will resolve the problem. The issue i have is that my aerial base is the none sat nav one, so does that mean that my gps aerial is located on the screen. I thought that it was the rain sensor that is stuck to the screen below my interior mirror. Am i wrong, and if so how do i replace the gps aerial, or is it still the aerial base causing the problem. Confused!

Not sure of the location of the ariel but the mirror is your Auto wiper sensor , maybe remove the radio and try and trace the ariel it's under the dashboard , but not sure where.

When I fitted an after Market unit in my old Focus, I put the GPS aerial under the dash but on top of the instrument cluster. It worked fine from there. All I can think is the original ones may be in a similar position.

Not sure of the location of the ariel but the mirror is your Auto Wiper sensor , maybe remove the radio and try and trace the ariel it's under the dashboard , but not sure where.

So the cable running down my screen, behind the interior mirror, to the object stuck on my heated screen in the safe area is definately the rain sensor. Is the head unit easy enough to remove? I cant find any of the keys that you insert to withdraw it.

Yes it is the rain sensor

Following my guide in this post you will see how tp remove the Front cover for the radio , then it un-screws , make sure you have the radio code before/ if you remove the power to the radio but theres enough slack there to pull the radio forward .

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/28100-guide-to-fitting-smd-leds-to-cup-holder/

Yes it is the rain sensor

Following my guide in this post you will see how tp remove the Front cover for the radio , then it un-screws , make sure you have the radio code before/ if you remove the power to the radio but theres enough slack there to pull the radio forward .

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/28100-guide-to-fitting-smd-leds-to-cup-holder/

Thanks, i'll give it a go and see what i can find. Its pretty frustrating when everything works with the sat nav, apart from the fact that it hasn't got a clue were you are. Which makes it useless i suppose!

Thanks, i'll give it a go and see what i can find. Its pretty frustrating when everything works with the sat nav, apart from the fact that it hasn't got a clue were you are. Which makes it useless i suppose!

I'm assuming you have you Satnav data SD card inserted?

I'm assuming you have you Satnav data SD card inserted?

Yes. It does seem like it is the gps antenna that is the problem, when i compare it to similar problems that people have had on here and other Focus forums. But it appears that most of their problems where resolved by replacing the aerial base which included the gps antenna, unfortunately mine appears to be elsewhere.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club