Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vibration As I Accelerate

fatherofeden

hi does any one else find a noisy vibration when they reach 1800 revs under load such as going up hill or accelerating.

after 1850 revs it goes no matter how steep the hill. it sounds like its comming from the front near side. ive been under the car and cant see any obvious sighns such as loose exhaust or heat sink. any light shed would be appreciated. mondeo 2000 tdci 53 plate

• 3 months later...

when you say vibration, do you just mean a rattle, or do you feel it through the steering wheel or pedals?

on the front N/S there is a intercooler pipe that comes across the subframe and has a bracket on it, this can often vibrate on the subframe try and stuff some rubber or similar between the pipe and subframe and see if the vibration stops.

ive noticed i get a vibration when i accel, it sounds like the only way ican describe it is on (my vectra the airbox used to vibrate cos it was loose) that kind of noise, hope you can understand that, :unsure:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club