Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retro-Fit Usb........ It Works!!

mikester

Gents, looks like there is a lot of knowledge in this forum around the retrofit bluetooth module so I'm hoping someone might be able to help.

I've retrofitted a module 8M5T-19C112-AS bought off eBay into a mk2.5 Focus, but I can't get it to work properly.

I can see USB files, but they wont play (invalid file), and also my phone connects but keeps dropping off. Basically, it aint working!

I tried updating the VIN usling ELMconfig, but no difference. What I did notice though is that when I save the SRM module config to a file, it is showing mostly zeros. Not sure it this is right or not but it makes me suspicious that it might have been corrupted.

I wondered if anyone had a similar module and could send me their ELMconfig file to try?

Any other ideas would also be much appreciated, cos at the moment I'm stuck!

Cheers, Tim

• 9 months later...

hey man

I've been wanting to do this since forever ! So if i want to upgrade my standard (six button) stereo to the bluetooth one ~(which also takes parking sensors i'm assuming~)

I will need the stereo, the fascia, the usb loom, the bluetooth module and what else ?

Any tips please ?

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know how much the lead is - Finis code 1710952?

1710952 is approximately £45 allowing for the Euro exchange rate.

1710952 is approximately £45 allowing for the Euro exchange rate.

Thanks Clive - I've just received a quote for £45.24 plus VAT from a dealer in Salisbury so if most dealers charge around the same I may as well go to one more local and save on the postage

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi guys, ive just noticedbthis topic while searching for an answer on how /where to obtain a ACM for my fiesta 1.25 edge 2010. ?.......the reason why I'm seeking this answer is because on the ford etis website I check ed my vehicle and it showed me a list of things that need either a software update or installation and the ACM installation is one of them along with the rest.....pic attached, please help me sort this out. Thank you very much.

post-49018-0-58795200-1445358435_thumb.p

The car is in the dealership today getting the work done... I fitted a 8M5T-19C112-AN module with mini USB to the car over the weekend, and it works like a charm! Thanks to everyone on this thread :)

One thing which others considering this might find useful to know - the dealers I spoke to were all a bit confused by what I was asking them to do. When I eventually spoke to the master tech, he said what I should have been asking for is to change the vehicle configuration from BVC (bluetooth Voice Connectivity) Low to BVC High - once he'd sussed that out it was an easier discussion!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi guys, I am hoping you could help me. I've searched through forums and various tutorials but apparently I am missing something here.

I have a Ford C-Max 2008 Titanium with bluetooth module 8m5t-19g488-ek. Recently I bought on eBay a newer version of the module 8m5t-19g488-as which has an USB inside as I want to play music over flash drives. I successfully replaced the module. The situation now is: bluetooth works OK i.e. my phone is successfully paired, voice control does not work but as I've read in some other post you have to apparently change the VIN number in one of the configurations using ELMConfig. But even if I resolve this, I still have issues with USB. The thing is that the USB apparently works, flash drive is getting the power (light is blinking) but as if the radio (Sony) does not know what to do with the USB.

According to this tutorial the radio should immediately get two new options for USB and bluetooth audio. This is where I am stuck. I don't see any new options. If I put an MP3 flash drive into USB nothing happens. As if the firmware on the radio is not aware of the new module. I would upgrade the firmware but since USB is not working I am in a loop :) The current firmware version on the radio is 05-03-03.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Check the serial number of the module.

I believe it neds to end in AM for usb input and bluetooth streaming.

On earlier modules the usb is for firmware updates only.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Hey Stoney871, thanks for the quick reply. What I've read somewhere is the last letter is supposed to be a version of the module which increments with each new module version. So I thought the S would be good enough as opposed to the K version I had before. Likewise if M version introduced usb input and bluetooth streaming I would think that the S version should have it too?

• 5 months later...

hi im brand new here :)
I need to find the best solution to get BT & USB in my fiesta 10plate 1.2odd, i have the standard 6 button head unit and AUX only.
any help for simple solution or parts/service i need for a complete unit switch?

much appreciated :)

Hi,

I've just bought a Fiesta Titanium 2009.

It has bluetooth module - 8M5T-19G488-AM, and would like to add A2DP and USB.

I have found bluetooth module - AM5T-14D212-ED on eBay, does anyone know if this would work?

Also, is there anyone close to Portsmouth with an IDS to reprogram the stereo?

Thanks

• 7 months later...

Hi there,

I just purchased a used Pre Facelift MK7 2013 Ford Fiesta Ambiente. The car only has an AUX port located at the handbrake. My previous car had an aftermarket radio installed which had an USB port that I wish I could have in my new vehicle. I was wondering if it is possible to remove the AUX connection and replace it with an AUX and USB as I have seen the higher models have them installed. It is the entry level sound system which I have installed and I'm wanting to upgrade it all without having to buy an aftermarket radio as getting an aftermarket faceplate will be a hassle in my current location and getting one made is not a simple task. Has anyone successfully installed one and can guide me on what parts are needed? I have spoken to someone in Ford sales and they said the wire harness might be different and would get back to me but I have not heard from them.

I have noticed some people say I should get one thing and others say I should get something else. If anyone has done this before could they please guide me in the right direction as I dont have money to waste on parts that my be wrong and will not work.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

With Thanks  

images.jpg.49beafd29299a31ec725092436812575.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi - I'm due to pick up a low mileage 2009 Mk7 Zetec in a few weeks (elderly relative who no longer drives). I'm used to having USB and bluetooth and wish to retrofit these to the car as it only comes with the basic unit. I've sourced a 2009 head unit, screen and control panel and a bluetooth module 8M5T-19C112-AT. I know I need the stalk, microphone and light cover to get full functionality but am concentrating on USB file playback initially. My issue is I'm unsure which loom I need to purchase, logic tells me it's the first one listed below but is this compatible with the head unit and bluetooth module? If not do I need this loom and a separate USB cable to connect up the port?

On ‎02‎/‎10‎/‎2013 at 8:03 PM, Tezza said:

The wiring for the module are as follows

1580659 03/11/2008 to 11/07/2009 1580659 @ £128.99

1678395 07/11/2009 to 21/06/2010 @ £68.36

1755525 31/01/2011 onwards @ £49.04

USB port 1715190 @ £6.00

• 3 months later...

i have got the elm327 and have plugged in the new bluetooth module when i go on forscan what am i looking for to change

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bring up such an old post but im struggling a bit. 

Ive had the 9button stereo fitted, has the bigger screen, stalk, mic etc all working for bluetooth and aux.

But im wanting to get the usb working too.my car is the 59plate 1.6 titanium tdci

The bluetooth module i have has a grey plug on the end that i cannot find the lead to for the usb.

All the ones on here have a mini usb socket on it.

Do i need a new module? If so which model number am i looking for.

• 6 months later...

Hi all

Sorry to resurrect this thread but my problem is that I have 'lost' the bluetooth and voice control  connectivity on my Ford Sony audio unit and I understand that this is controlled by a separate external Nokia module.

My question is whether this module is controlled by a fuse and if so which fuse is it?

I am hoping this is the case and that it has blown!

Thanks in advance!