Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retro-Fit Usb........ It Works!!

mikester

Thanks to Nath we can safely say this can be done provided you have the hardware and someone who can be bothered to use IDS rather than fobbing you off with crap like 'it can only be done from factory'

Oh and my personal highlight.... SPOTIFY WORKS OVER STREAMING inc track display!!! Oh I'm happy. Now to find a cheap module :)

This is for anyone who commented or took an interest in that mammouth 'USB can it be done' thread. Get ringing scrappies and talk to nath.

I'm gonna write to Spotify and ask for commission after getting you to keep your subscription,,, ;)

So, yeah peeps, it is possible with a new module, wire, fascia plate & willing Ford/personwithFordhardware :)

wow! sounds awesome!

When you say 'fascia plate', I'm assuming you just mean the little bit where the 3.5mm jack is?

If you don't mind me asking, how much did this cost you?

Nath can fill you in on the prices. All I can say is never buy from ford

• Like 1

I did upgraded my a year ago... if some one looking for IDS around Bristol just let me know...

Reckon its feasible to install bluetooth / usb in a car that only has the six button radio if I upgrade that?

When you say 'fascia plate', I'm assuming you just mean the little bit where the 3.5mm jack is?

Correct, it's this bit

imag0158un.jpg

If you don't mind me asking, how much did this cost you?

From Ford it'll be around £350 for parts alone - you need to ring scrappies (though good luck, I rang 50 this morning before I found one!)

Reckon its feasible to install bluetooth / usb in a car that only has the six button radio if I upgrade that?

I don't see why not :)

• Like 1

i said many moons ago that this wasn't possible.

thanks again to iNath - i officially eat my hat.

:lol:

i said many moons ago that this wasn't possible.

thanks again to iNath - i officially eat my hat.

:lol:

Would you like some sauce with that? ;)

eat-hat-cropped.jpg

just some custard and hundreds and thousands will do me... :lol:

Suppose I'll be nice and let you guys know what's required ;)

1754709 - Fiesta 2010-Module bluetooth BT/VC+ USB Connect (with Voice Activated Module English)

imag0237u.th.jpg

1497339 - Fiesta 2010-Control Assy Headphone Volume 3.5MM BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect [far right in pic] 1715190

1572824 - Fiesta 2010-Centre Console Cover BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect [middle in pic]

imag0158un.th.jpg (you should already have the AUX input [far left in pic)

1633151 - Fiesta 2010-Wiring BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect 1710952

imag0243nk.th.jpg

Then a dealer or person with access to Ford VCM + IDS software with a few mins to spare.

If you have any questions ask away or PM me :)

• Like 1

tidy, maybe something to consider in the future.

Now ......can the heated front screen be retro fitted....

Sounds tricky.....

i dont think so... but then, i have been known to be wrong :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Suppose I'll be nice and let you guys know what's required ;)

1754709 - Fiesta 2010-Module Bluetooth BT/VC+ USB Connect (with Voice Activated Module English)

imag0237u.th.jpg

1497339 - Fiesta 2010-Control Assy Headphone Volume 3.5MM BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect [far right in pic] 1715190

1572824 - Fiesta 2010-Centre Console Cover BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect [middle in pic]

imag0158un.th.jpg (you should already have the AUX input [far left in pic)

1633151 - Fiesta 2010-Wiring BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect 1710952

imag0243nk.th.jpg

Then a dealer or person with access to Ford VCM + IDS software with a few mins to spare.

If you have any questions ask away or PM me :)

Bumping this thread as 2 of those part numbers were wrong. Have included the correct ones now :)

How much data does spotify use though if your streaming it? Wouldn't it be more cost effective to store the songs on your phone (My phone has 48gb and I'm never going to fill that!)

Thanks to Nath we can safely say this can be done provided you have the hardware and someone who can be bothered to use IDS rather than fobbing you off with crap like 'it can only be done from factory'

Oh and my personal highlight.... SPOTIFY WORKS OVER STREAMING inc track display!!! Oh I'm happy. Now to find a cheap module :)

This is for anyone who commented or took an interest in that mammouth 'USB can it be done' thread. Get ringing scrappies and talk to nath.

I'll second the above - Nath did mine as well and it works a treat. I'm over the moon with it. :D

• Like 1

Hi Lez

What does the navigation menu do. I have had my bluetooth activated but dont have this new menu.

How much data does spotify use though if your streaming it? Wouldn't it be more cost effective to store the songs on your phone (My phone has 48gb and I'm never going to fill that!)

None. You use "make available offline" and sync over wifi, even if I didnt use this I've got unlimited data (truely unlimited, no fair use 1gb cap) so not an issue. Considering the additional cost of the 32 and 64gb versions this option is far better. I love not paying for individual tracks :)

Hi Lez

What does the navigation menu do. I have had my bluetooth activated but dont have this new menu.

Certain phones (mainly old Nokia's) can play the sat nav through the stereo including showing directional arrows on screen.

Certain phones (mainly old Nokia's) can play the sat nav through the stereo including showing directional arrows on screen.

yes, just you need a SD card which cost £200 :D LOL

so i do not think someone will use it.

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this thread as 2 of those part numbers were wrong. Have included the correct ones now smile.gif

This looks interesting, do these parts work with the basic 6 button headunit without the nice matrix display? Or would I need to update that also as part of the retrofit?