Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

mikester

Retro-Fit Usb........ It Works!!

161 posts in this topic

eBay ;)

Gents, looks like there is a lot of knowledge in this forum around the retrofit Bluetooth module so I'm hoping someone might be able to help.

I've retrofitted a module 8M5T-19C112-AS bought off ebay into a mk2.5 Focus, but I can't get it to work properly.

I can see USB files, but they wont play (invalid file), and also my phone connects but keeps dropping off. Basically, it aint working!

I tried updating the VIN usling ELMconfig, but no difference. What I did notice though is that when I save the SRM module config to a file, it is showing mostly zeros. Not sure it this is right or not but it makes me suspicious that it might have been corrupted.

I wondered if anyone had a similar module and could send me their ELMconfig file to try?

Any other ideas would also be much appreciated, cos at the moment I'm stuck!

Cheers, Tim

hey man

I've been wanting to do this since forever ! So if i want to upgrade my standard (six button) stereo to the bluetooth one ~(which also takes parking sensors i'm assuming~)

I will need the stereo, the fascia, the usb loom, the bluetooth module and what else ?

Any tips please ?

Does anyone know how much the lead is - Finis code 1710952?

1710952 is approximately £45 allowing for the Euro exchange rate.

1710952 is approximately £45 allowing for the Euro exchange rate.

Thanks Clive - I've just received a quote for £45.24 plus VAT from a dealer in Salisbury so if most dealers charge around the same I may as well go to one more local and save on the postage

Stoney871 likes this

Hi guys, ive just noticedbthis topic while searching for an answer on how /where to obtain a ACM for my fiesta 1.25 edge 2010. ?.......the reason why I'm seeking this answer is because on the ford etis website I check ed my vehicle and it showed me a list of things that need either a software update or installation and the ACM installation is one of them along with the rest.....pic attached, please help me sort this out. Thank you very much.

post-49018-0-58795200-1445358435_thumb.p

The car is in the dealership today getting the work done... I fitted a 8M5T-19C112-AN module with mini USB to the car over the weekend, and it works like a charm! Thanks to everyone on this thread :)

One thing which others considering this might find useful to know - the dealers I spoke to were all a bit confused by what I was asking them to do. When I eventually spoke to the master tech, he said what I should have been asking for is to change the vehicle configuration from BVC (Bluetooth Voice Connectivity) Low to BVC High - once he'd sussed that out it was an easier discussion!

Stoney871 likes this

Hi guys, I am hoping you could help me. I've searched through forums and various tutorials but apparently I am missing something here.

I have a Ford C-Max 2008 Titanium with Bluetooth module 8m5t-19g488-ek. Recently I bought on eBay a newer version of the module 8m5t-19g488-as which has an USB inside as I want to play music over flash drives. I successfully replaced the module. The situation now is: Bluetooth works OK i.e. my phone is successfully paired, voice control does not work but as I've read in some other post you have to apparently change the VIN number in one of the configurations using ELMConfig. But even if I resolve this, I still have issues with USB. The thing is that the USB apparently works, flash drive is getting the power (light is blinking) but as if the radio (Sony) does not know what to do with the USB.

According to this tutorial the radio should immediately get two new options for USB and Bluetooth audio. This is where I am stuck. I don't see any new options. If I put an MP3 flash drive into USB nothing happens. As if the firmware on the radio is not aware of the new module. I would upgrade the firmware but since USB is not working I am in a loop :) The current firmware version on the radio is 05-03-03.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Check the serial number of the module.

I believe it neds to end in AM for usb input and bluetooth streaming.

On earlier modules the usb is for firmware updates only.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Hey Stoney871, thanks for the quick reply. What I've read somewhere is the last letter is supposed to be a version of the module which increments with each new module version. So I thought the S would be good enough as opposed to the K version I had before. Likewise if M version introduced usb input and bluetooth streaming I would think that the S version should have it too?