Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Diesel Fuel To Use

mikeamapola

Hi I have a 2003 Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Automatic. I have been running on the regular grade of Diesel and wondered if a swich to the higher priced grade would be better for the engine, ecconomy and performance. Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks, Mike

Good Morning Lenny. Hey that me me smile. and it brought back meories of a certain trip I made to France, Germany & Denmark in a transit with a 45 gal drum filled with the coloured stuff. A real Low fuel cost trip !

Aah those were the days. Anyway, thanks again for the humour now I better get back to some work. On the computor today as it's tipping with rain.

Good Morning Lenny. Hey that me me smile. and it brought back meories of a certain trip I made to France, Germany & Denmark in a transit with a 45 gal drum filled with the coloured stuff. A real Low fuel cost trip !

Aah those were the days. Anyway, thanks again for the humour now I better get back to some work. On the computor today as it's tipping with rain.

Sorry mate, glad you saw the funny side too, and happy to have brought back some good memories, and i thought it was only the irish that fiddled the fuel lol the red stuff would wreck your DPF i believe they use whith bread like a sliced pan to take the colour out of it then add food colouring to make any colour you like to match the interior of your car lol

i hope you get a more serious answer mate, as im from ireland i cant really help i find Topaz very good but i dont know if you guys have Topaz over there,:D

RED ;)

Lmao so funny :lol:

Always wondered if higher priced fuel is worth it

• Like 1

I don't think the extra £££ is worth it.We don't seem to have it here in Flintshire anyway.I did see it for the first time up in Fleetwood whilst visiting my girl friend and it was 14.something compared to 13.something for regular.

I did use mainly Tesco branded diesel but as I now pass near a Sainsburys store I have been using theirs - might not be anything to do with the fuel but the car just seems to be going so much better these last few week? :)

Thanks for your responses guys. I guess if there is no reason not to, I might try half a tank to see if it makes any difference. . Mike

The trouble with trying to work out which fuel is best, is the fcat that there are so many variables, tempreture, traffic weather, even how you drive. As for which garage you fill up at it can depend on the storage, some garages have better storage than others some have a small amount of water and other contaminates in the tanks.

I think most supermarket fuel is of the same quality and the difeerrnce between the big suppliers is to small too measure

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club