Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Name: alan
  • Ford Model: s max 2.5 turbo
  • Year: 2006

Posted 27 November 2011 - 12:02 AM

ok so i have booked the bus in for a good service new rear brakes and a couple of other bits and bats sorting out nothing to major to be honest but i have noticed a whistleing noise comming from under the bonnet and its getting louder now im no machanic but i spend all my time around cars and think the turbo could be faulty so can any one surgest an upgrade to replace it with or would i be better just getting the stock unit reconditioned all advice will be apreciated thanks (also its booked in for a remap after chrismas)

thanks alan

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,374 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3.5 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2015
Contributor

Posted 27 November 2011 - 12:12 AM

It may just be a split pipe on inlet side , don't shell out on a turbo just yet , check all hose's and pipe work

#3 ging

ging

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Name: alan
  • Ford Model: s max 2.5 turbo
  • Year: 2006

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:45 AM

just got the car back from the garage and the turbo is b*$$ac*&$! been quoted 300 for a second hand unit but i down really buy second hand as the last time i did it only lasted me 5600 miles then did the self and same thing (on my last car) so any recomended upgrades will be concidered thanks alan the turbo on the focus st is different but will it fit? thanks alan

#4 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 21,220 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:18 PM

Your probably better off buying the turbo unit off Ford directly, and spend the extra few hundred quid to get a decent warranty with it!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users