Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011 Mk7 Titanium Door Damage (3 Door Model)

John L

Whilst parked in a car park yesterday a large Renault whizzed into the parking space next to me. It appeared full of unruly small children and a harrassed mother.

Whack, the small child in the front seat shoved the door open. I was on the phone at the time and didn't jump out of the car and look. I expected a scuff and cursed, but on getting out after the family had headed off I was shocked by the damage.

Very little scuffed paint but a noticeable dent approx 2.5inches long and around .75 inches wide - unfortunatelty it is across the molding in the upper door.It catches the light and is very noticeable.

Anyone else had this sort of door damage?

I am off to the dealer in a day or two - but in the meantime can anyone indicate what a typical repair price will be?

It won't be an insurance job as I didn't challenge them or get their details and I am not claiming on mine.

Thanks

John

Whilst parked in a car park yesterday a large Renault whizzed into the parking space next to me. It appeared full of unruly small children and a harrassed mother.

Whack, the small child in the front seat shoved the door open. I was on the phone at the time and didn't jump out of the car and look. I expected a scuff and cursed, but on getting out after the family had headed off I was shocked by the damage.

Very little scuffed paint but a noticeable dent approx 2.5inches long and around .75 inches wide - unfortunatelty it is across the molding in the upper door.It catches the light and is very noticeable.

Anyone else had this sort of door damage?

I am off to the dealer in a day or two - but in the meantime can anyone indicate what a typical repair price will be?

It won't be an insurance job as I didn't challenge them or get their details and I am not claiming on mine.

Thanks

John

Try a paintless dent removal company.

I would of jumped out straight away and pointed out any damage to them :angry:

Dent in my front door cost £395 to have done this was caused by another door

Dent in my front door cost £395 to have done this was caused by another door

Thanks for the replies I was guessing at around £500 so I suppose £395 isn't too bad.

John

Dentmaster, Chips Away or similar will be far cheaper. Circa £100.

Father in Law experienced similar and remonstrated with the guy. He went and drew out £120 cash and gave it to my Father in Law. The cost of fixing it turned out to be only £100.