Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Ford Model: FOCUS mk 2 LX
  • Year: 2005

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:58 PM

When i reversed into a parking space at work this morning there seemed to be a bit of smoke/vapour coming from the front of the car with a bit of a burning smell. The car had started normally and drove perfectly on the way to work. I checked under the bonnet and everything looked ok and to be honest i forgot all about it. I got into the car to come home about an hour ago and the car started normally and drove normally but it is down on power and there is a bit of a rattling sound which rises and lowers with the engine revs. I'm thinking that the clutch has died, does anybody have any other suggestions?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 alz

alz

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Name: Alan
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus LX 1.8 TDCI

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:40 PM

What made you think it was the clutch?, did it slip when you went home, what miles as the car done, also what side is the rattle, and the smell would be in the car for days, the alternator could also be a possibility.

#3 GRAHAM46

GRAHAM46

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Ford Model: FOCUS mk 2 LX

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:28 PM

It turned out to be the power steering pump. The burning was a small amount of fluid leaving the pump. It's in getting a new pump fitted.

Graham

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users