Do Not Sell My Personal Information

05 Focus Mk2 Clutch

GRAHAM46

When i reversed into a parking space at work this morning there seemed to be a bit of smoke/vapour coming from the front of the car with a bit of a burning smell. The car had started normally and drove perfectly on the way to work. I checked under the bonnet and everything looked ok and to be honest i forgot all about it. I got into the car to come home about an hour ago and the car started normally and drove normally but it is down on power and there is a bit of a rattling sound which rises and lowers with the engine revs. I'm thinking that the clutch has died, does anybody have any other suggestions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What made you think it was the clutch?, did it slip when you went home, what miles as the car done, also what side is the rattle, and the smell would be in the car for days, the alternator could also be a possibility.

It turned out to be the power steering pump. The burning was a small amount of fluid leaving the pump. It's in getting a new pump fitted.

Graham

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club