3 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel C

Daniel C

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 TDCi Titanium

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:37 PM

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone out there has ever had a dog guard fitted to a Ford and if so did you ever experience any rattles or squeaks from it? I have a brand new Ford Focus and bought the official Ford upper half dog guard and have had lots of noise from the unit going over bumps and corners etc. My local garage are going to look at it to check if this is "acceptable" noise or perhaps whether the part is simply faulty.

Just wondered if anyone else has ever had a dog guard of similiar specification and what your experience of them was.

Any replies much appreciated.

Dan

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 DavidCharlton1965

DavidCharlton1965

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Mondeo 2008

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

I used to have a focus dog guard fitted and didn't really have any issues with it other than the cost>>>>>>>
I ve just bought for a new mondeo estate guard for about half the price off tinterweb from www.dogcages.uk.com
well pleased with it ,,,, as it's my daughters dog I got her to help fit it , no drilling, solid nice bit of kit.

#3 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 17,803 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: 2015 Focus ST3 250BHP
  • Year: 2015
Contributor

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

I use the standard dog grille on my Focus and apart from the fact it stops you from fitting the parcel shelf at the same time it's a good solid bit of kit.

#4 Scoobimax

Scoobimax

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S 2.0 TDCi
  • Year: 2009

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

I use the standard dog grille on my Focus and apart from the fact it stops you from fitting the parcel shelf at the same time it's a good solid bit of kit.

+1 and if bought off fleabay about half price

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users