Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Rear Seat Carpet Backs

orcomma

any ideas where to buy rear seat carpet backs which i can stick to my mk7 titty? i seem to remember i read somewhere you can get them from a place in germany but cant find the thread

cheers iNath

he mentions "trim on backs", not "carpet backs" which is the string i searched for

d'oh!

:rolleyes:

I bought some adhesive felt carpet from ebay and did it DIY style.

Looks like this:

19032011007.th.jpg

19032011006s.th.jpg

This stuff is reasonably thin and will end up following every contour of the back of the seats. If you want a smooth look to the back of the seats you'll need something thicker - someone on here did a really professional job but I can't seem to find that thread anymore.

any ideas where to buy rear seat carpet backs which i can stick to my mk7 titty? i seem to remember i read somewhere you can get them from a place in germany but cant find the thread

The latest models (Titanium at least) come with carpet on the seat backs, so this should be available from dealers as a spare part. But I expect the eBay option to be much cheaper...

in the spirit of blue peter i have decided to do the deed myself so i have ordered some carpet on a roll (deisgned for covering Speakers and DJ equipment).

ill put up a guide post on how well i do at it!