Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlights/side Lights

james132

Hi All,

Quite new to the forum so bare with me if im posting in the wrong section.

Im looking at changing the normal halogen head lights to HID's on my 55plate focus titanium.

Could anyone recomend any in perticular? Id also be interested in changing the side lights to led's if anyone can advise on these too?

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

Im looking at changing the normal halogen head lights to HID's on my 55plate focus titanium.

Could anyone recomend any in perticular? Id also be interested in changing the side lights to led's if anyone can advise on these too?

Thanks in advance.

Hi James

Ive changed to HID and LED, HID from hid direct Swinton Manchester and LED off eBay,

Have changed all interior and no plate to led too and all have made a massive improvement, also fitted 48led strip light to middle of grill again from Swinton.

Hope this helps

Regards

Paul

Thanks for the reply, Do swinton mancester have a site? I done a quick google search and found nothing.. And also what LED's did you go for on eBay, theres a big range of choice and most look quite different but all seem to be a direct replacement..

Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

For sidelights check these mate - HIDS4U

Also check out the dipped beam (H7) 35w slim-line kits on there, I have 6K and look excellent.

Alot of people will recommend that website on here ;)

Thanks for the reply, Do swinton mancester have a site? I done a quick google search and found nothing.. And also what LED's did you go for on ebay, theres a big range of choice and most look quite different but all seem to be a direct replacement..

Member ID geizland-alpha-uk for side light bulbs which are 6led type.And search hid direct for headlights,

Just advance warning for you mate. I had 6000k hids all round in my 08 focus and what ive found is that they tend to cause a glare which can annoy on coming traffic. Ive since got a second hand set of st headlamps with the built in xenons but im tryin to locate 6000k bulbs for them to match the fogs

Just advance warning for you mate. I had 6000k hids all round in my 08 focus and what ive found is that they tend to cause a glare which can annoy on coming traffic. Ive since got a second hand set of st headlamps with the built in xenons but im tryin to locate 6000k bulbs for them to match the fogs

Aah, so you end up with people constantly driving at you with full beam on.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Aah, so you end up with people constantly driving at you with full beam on.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Never been flashed once with my 6Ks mate.

well i wouldnt say constantly but did get the occasional flash on country roads

well i wouldnt say constantly but did get the occasional flash on country roads

Country roads I guess you expect it with the bumps, it is hard to tell now with new cars if they have there full beam on..

I dont think that would put me off the idea though.

Bit more advice needed please..

Looking on eBay at HID's and there seems to be two different types with a big price difference.

Just the bulbs and the kits such as the two below:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-05-H7-ULTRA-VDX-HID-XENON-8000K-KIT-/300534385481?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item45f93ecb49

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230416089763?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Im guessing you get what you pay for as is the case in most things now? 6k or 8k?

Thanks

Bit more advice needed please..

Looking on ebay at HID's and there seems to be two different types with a big price difference.

Just the bulbs and the kits such as the two below:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-05-H7-ULTRA-VDX-HID-XENON-8000K-KIT-/300534385481?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item45f93ecb49

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230416089763?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Im guessing you get what you pay for as is the case in most things now? 6k or 8k?

Thanks

Oh no, definitely a no go with the £15 'xenon' bulbs, horrible cheap nasty and nothing like the real thing.

You need a proper kit with the ballasts etc such as the £70 item you posted.

IMO 8K is a bit much and a tad blue which may attract unwanted attention.

6K is ample and looks exellent.

Lastly I'd recommend HIDs4u, its a little more expensive but you know your paying for quality goods rather than cheaper unknown eBay products.

6k too mate as im not too sure whether 8k will pass the mot

Contact this guy on the Honda Civic forum, he'll help with any bulb requests

Mr JP

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club