Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Size Tyre Have You Fitted

Liverpool-S

I asked a question a few months ago about what tyres to go for on the 17" Zetec S Wheel.

I currently have the factory fitted Bridgestone Potenza's 205/40R17 84V but was after something a little more chuncky to absorb all of the bumps.

Has anyone fitted a different tyre to their car other than the 205/40/R17.

I have read it can throw out the spedo and effect the brakes.

So dont know if I should just stick with the same size and replace the tyres as a simple striaght swap.

Cheers

You really need to fit a smaller wheel with a larger profile tyre that matches the same or very similar diameter. A few others have done it and I am sure there was a thread about this in the Fiesta Forum yesterday.

Yeah agree maybe consider dropping down to a 16in tyre with a 45 profile?

I asked a question a few months ago about what tyres to go for on the 17" Zetec S Wheel.

I currently have the factory fitted Bridgestone Potenza's 205/40R17 84V but was after something a little more chuncky to absorb all of the bumps.

Has anyone fitted a different tyre to their car other than the 205/40/R17.

I have read it can throw out the spedo and effect the brakes.

So dont know if I should just stick with the same size and replace the tyres as a simple striaght swap.

Cheers

I don't think it would be a good idea to fit a larger tyre as you'd be going faster than the indicated speed. You can check the difference it makes using this site: http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp?action=submit

For my winter tyres I was very tempted by the new 15" 'spanner' alloys that match the design of the 17" wheels on my Titanium X. But they cost about 2x as much as steel wheels so I went with them instead.