Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should The Software Update Work With My Fiesta?

Jez

There is a software update mentioned in this thread:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/26672-problems-with-bluetooth-audio/

Which can be downloaded from here:

http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com/downloadsUpdates

However, the ford-mobile-connectivity.com page gives pretty much no information on what 'versions' of Ford Sound System the update is supposed to work on. I can't seem to get mine to update and I'm wondering whether it's even supposed to work on my one. My car is a 2010 model Fiesta so I'm assuming it's a Mk7, though the screen is nothing like the one depicted in the YouTube video (which actually depicts a Mondeo) - mine is just orange text on black, not full colour. Should the ford_audio_update.zip update work somehow with my sound system? I've formatted a USB key as FAT32, and put that file in the root, and the screen just displays "USB no files on device" when I plug it in - no update. Seems that Andy09 was having the same problem in that thread, but resolved it "Doh, just tried again and it's doing it now. Didn't turn the ignition enough, needed one more click!" - if you're reading this, did your radio ever display anything other than "USB no files on device"? Mine still does nothing. Arghhhhhh! :(

UPDATE:

I just tried the solution suggested in this thread:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/28277-fiesta-mk7-usb-software-update/page__st__15

Extracted just the two *-AT.bvc and *-AT.vbf files onto the USB stick root and tried the update procedure. It still said "USB no files on device" when plugged in, but when I turned the ignition to II, it started updating!! Took about 20 minutes, and now bluetooth is working again!

Why on Earth do some Ford Sound Systems not recognize the zip file though? Heh.

I've formatted a USB key as FAT32, and put that file in the root, and the screen just displays "USB no files on device" when I plug it in - no update. Seems that Andy09 was having the same problem in that thread, but resolved it "Doh, just tried again and it's doing it now. Didn't turn the ignition enough, needed one more click!" - if you're reading this, did your radio ever display anything other than "USB no files on device"? Mine still does nothing. Arghhhhhh! :(

The update has several files for updating different versions. My Fiesta is 2 years old, has the larger orange display, and it worked OK.

Does that USB stick work for playing music? Some just don't work for some reason - try another. I added the files to a Sandisk 8gb stick I use in the office, without reformatting. It worked at the second try (the first time it started OK then gave up after about 10 minutes).

As my second post said, it has worked now that I extracted those files out of the zip and put them on the root. It was a Sandisk Cruzer Micro 2GB stick.

UPDATE:

I just tried the solution suggested in this thread:

http://www.fordowner...te/page__st__15

Extracted just the two *-AT.bvc and *-AT.vbf files onto the USB stick root and tried the update procedure. It still said "USB no files on device" when plugged in, but when I turned the ignition to II, it started updating!! Took about 20 minutes, and now Bluetooth is working again!

Why on Earth do some Ford Sound Systems not recognize the zip file though? Heh.

Because it probably doesn't have the ability to extract them and let's be honest, you didn't either as it clearly says in the instructions to do so. ;)

• Like 1

Because it probably doesn't have the ability to extract them and let's be honest, you didn't either as it clearly says in the instructions to do so. ;)

Just read the instructions again; says to download the zip file and extract it to the highest level directive! Arghh! I must have read that as 'save it'. :)