Do Not Sell My Personal Information

sierra 2000e info about parts needed

taz

hello all,, i come across this forum whilst trying to track down some parts for my wifes sierra 2000, I have introduced myself in the bit for newbees, and have now come on here to ask for help......

I have got a G plated 2000e which we have owned for ten plus years, and it still in the same condition now as it was when we purchased it, ... apart from the o/s/r trailing arm (or is it called a wishbone) my wife drives the car daily to work and back and has had the misfortune to slide out of control on a icy unsalted road, she has hit the kerb and damaged the suspension....so we now need the trailing arm / wishbone, I have tried everywhere to get one new, but they are no longer available, so can anyone help me ...do they know where I can find one, or has anyone got one for sale......I would be greatfull for any help that is offered...

it would be a shame write off another classic ford just because we cant get a supension part.

thanks.......Taz

all i can suggest is to try one of the online breakers yards some specalise in ford parts.

Providing your 2000e does not have the optional ABS, in which case it would have rear discs, then the rear arm from any 2wd Sierra from 1987 onwards with drum brakes will fit (excluding estates obviously). Chances are though that you will need a replacement rear shock absorber as well as these twist easily @ the base where they go into the lower arm in this sort of impact.

Your best bet, therefore, would be to go to a local car breakers.

I did not note where you are located? If in the SE, I can recommend a couple of good locations which will have plentiful stock for you.