Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auxiliary Socket

kevin lancelott

I managed by bad look to get a mint stuck in my aux socket and my girl friend got it out with a key but I think all the poking around has broken it because it no longer charges the sat nav or phone.I think they are easy to pull out and replace but am not sure. :(

My guess is by using the key to remove the object,

the key has connectedd the centre socket to the side piece and blown the fuse, check the manual for the fuse location and im sure it's blown mate,

20pence for a replacment fuse, cheaper than another packet of mints :D

I didn't think of that.Thanks

I didn't think of that.Thanks

no problem, also double check the fuse your about to pull out, is correct before you pull it,

because if you pull the one for the stereo, you will require a code mate, and im sure yours is a V serial.

I just looked in the hand book for the right fuse.Yeah I don't fancy re coding the radio.Thanks again.

It was the fuse Lenny.£1.99 for 2 from motor world.When did the fuses get even smaller,I got my spare ones out to find they bigger than the new ones now fitted.Thanks for your help I would never have thought of trying the fuse first. :) :D

It was the fuse Lenny.£1.99 for 2 from motor world.When did the fuses get even smaller,I got my spare ones out to find they bigger than the new ones now fitted.Thanks for your help I would never have thought of trying the fuse first. :) :D

No problem mate,

you got fleeced on the fuses mate my local motor factors is 22cents thats around 11pence per fuse and every car since around 2000 has the small fuses,

glad you got it fixed mate, and feels great to have done it yourself too B)

Not true lenny, the fuse in the fiesta is called a I believe a PAT fuse or similar, they are expensive so it seems the right cost iv got to buy one as i had almost the same but instead of a mint it was pocket gunk, although what I find funny is my car was one of the first with the new sony radio and it appears that the fuse layout is totally different as my manual is from the older model which led to me having to pull every fuse,

Also to confirm there is no code on the fiesta stereos its serial number is programmed into the car and it will ONLY work with that stereo in that car without a ford reprogram.

Anthony.

Not true lenny, the fuse in the fiesta is called a I believe a PAT fuse or similar, they are expensive so it seems the right cost iv got to buy one as i had almost the same but instead of a mint it was pocket gunk, although what I find funny is my car was one of the first with the new sony radio and it appears that the fuse layout is totally different as my manual is from the older model which led to me having to pull every fuse,

Also to confirm there is no code on the fiesta stereos its serial number is programmed into the car and it will ONLY work with that stereo in that car without a ford reprogram.

Anthony.

Thanks Anthony mate,

i didnt realise their was a third generation of fuse available,

i blew the fuse for the stereo in my focus, when i was hooking up interior footwell lights and i just had to get a small fuse,

lucky with the stereo in the fiesta though, no messing with codes :rolleyes:

my stereo is a V serial so although i got the fuse cheap, i had to pay £3 to get the stereo code,

thanks for the info mate, i wasn't aware of that. B)

IMG1634.jpg

So now you know Lenny ;)

is that not just a 'mini' blade fuse... the massive ones are called 'maxi' and the normal ones are just 'standard'

quick question as i think mine has blown too, for whatever reason... i looked in manual at how to get to the fuse box.. were there any spare fuses? if not will go to Halfords tomorrow to get a new one. Also was it easy enough to get to the fuse box?

in my old car i got there under the bonnet

so any tips welcome

hopefully mine as simply sorted as yours

Very easy to get to the fuses.They behind the glove box all you do is pinch the two sides together and it will tip all the way forwards.You will understand what I mean as you do it.Pulling the fuse is easy it comes out with your fingers.No spares though so you will have to go to Halfords.Its an easy job to do and wont take long. :)

Hi, well I managed to do it... shame they werent in the fuse box under bonnet though... it seems it wasnt the fuse, cos I changed it and sat nav def not charging. It does feel like something is stopping it within the power outlet, so will go back to Ford this week to see what they say. very odd though... unless something def is rooted in there that i just cant see

at least i have spare fuses now if i need any.....

Hi, well I managed to do it... shame they werent in the fuse box under bonnet though... it seems it wasnt the fuse, cos I changed it and sat nav def not charging. It does feel like something is stopping it within the power outlet, so will go back to Ford this week to see what they say. very odd though... unless something def is rooted in there that i just cant see

at least i have spare fuses now if i need any.....

Have you tried using any other device in the 12v socket, or plugging the sat nav charger in to a different car?

because the chargers that plug in to the 12v socket have a fuse in them too and it could be blown.

yes, it works fine in my brother's car... it just doesnt seem long enough, wonder if it is a non compatible garmin/ford thing? but surely not - or do they sell adaptors in case it is non compatible i wonder? would any charger fit as in standard into the unit and then hope it fits the ford.

anyone else out here got the garmin 2460lmt?

yes, it works fine in my brother's car... it just doesnt seem long enough, wonder if it is a non compatible garmin/ford thing? but surely not - or do they sell adaptors in case it is non compatible i wonder? would any charger fit as in standard into the unit and then hope it fits the ford.

anyone else out here got the garmin 2460lmt?

it wouldnt be a problem with th satnav unit or model mate,

all 12v plugs are universal nothing like that at fault,

just thought the fuse may have blown in the plug from the charger, but you have tried it else where and its fine, so the problem is not with your sat nav.

thanks.. will go into Ford this week.. they are a nice garage so am sure they can sort it easily and car under warranty still...

hi, I went to Ford and there was something else stuck in there, hence my sat nav not working.. not sure where it came from, but all sorted... phew

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club