Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reverse Camera Problem?

mitch84

Hi

Only had my focus 2 weeks and tonight I was reversing and noticed my reverse camera did not come on in the satnav display , it was still making the beeping sensor noise but no picture was showing.

Strange thing is it was working when I left work.

Luckily I have my car booked in for another problem Monday but does anyone have any idea what it could be?

thanks

Terry

So I take it no one has experienced this problem who has the reverse camera?

Could be just a loose connection at the back of the sat nav - what did the garage say...?

Hi, it's new technology to us I guess thus not many of us can help, you sure the camera lens isn't dirty or obscured by anything?

Chris

Hi

Only had my focus 2 weeks and tonight I was reversing and noticed my reverse camera did not come on in the satnav display , it was still making the beeping sensor noise but no picture was showing.

Strange thing is it was working when I left work.

Luckily I have my car booked in for another problem Monday but does anyone have any idea what it could be?

thanks

Terry

We fit these cameras on Range Rovers mate and dirt on lense can give a black screen so have a look ?

Hi

Thanks for the reply's , its been ok since , I dont think it was dirt as my display was not even switching to the camera , but anyway its been ok so i will just see how it goes.

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I have just taken delivery of a Focus Tit X Est. with the Sony Sat nav, According to the handbook there should be a reversing camera but it does not work, it may well not be even fitted. I have had no chance yet to inspect the rear of the car for the camera itself, there is nothing in the number plate area, where is the camera located on the rear of an estate?

(the rear parking sensors come on in the display)

Also, on the satnav display there is a yellow line on the right hand side of the display (in Map view) is this normal? it's very intense and runs from top to bottom and is a couple of mm's wide. It's not there on any other view. Any comments on this?

Also.... Can't seem to find anyway of switching off the airbags for passenger seat for child seat... Certainly not as described asin handbook.

I have just taken delivery of a Focus Tit X Est. with the Sony Sat nav, According to the handbook there should be a reversing camera but it does not work, it may well not be even fitted. I have had no chance yet to inspect the rear of the car for the camera itself, there is nothing in the number plate area, where is the camera located on the rear of an estate?

(the rear parking sensors come on in the display)

Also, on the satnav display there is a yellow line on the right hand side of the display (in Map view) is this normal? it's very intense and runs from top to bottom and is a couple of mm's wide. It's not there on any other view. Any comments on this?

Also.... Can't seem to find anyway of switching off the airbags for passenger seat for child seat... Certainly not as described asin handbook.

Cant help you much ,but for the camera mine on a mk2.5 hatchback is located above the number plate where the number plate lights are.

Hi, the Mk3 Focus, and if yours is a 2011 model then I guess you have one of these, does not come with a reversing camera yet, you are misinterperating the manual. As too switching off the airbag, I believe you will need a switch fitted by the dealership to do this.

Chris

Mine is a 2012 model and I was assured that rev cam would be on it, 750 quid for sat nav is a rip off.

Reported back to suppliers and will get back to me on Monday.

Map display has bright yellow line down hrs. Is this normal???

Can you get a picture up on here? that may help people diagnose the satnav issue

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club