panman40

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Name: Martin
  • Ford Model: Focus TDCi 115
  • Year: 2004

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:01 PM

Hi,
I think i posted in the wrong place earlier Lol !, This was my post if anyone can help please .

Hi there, i'm new here, I am hoping somebody can help me out please, About 18 months ago our 04 Focus TDCi 115 developed a steering fault and got trailered to the local Ford Garage, The powers steering fluid was black so the system was fushed out and new put back in, they were not sure if it's a Pump issue or a Rack.
Now its black again and the steering is not great to say the least !. If anyone can help me out as to which is to blame and if its a common problem etc i will be very grateful as my wife uses the car for work every day so i need to get something sorted asap.

Many thanks !

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 panman40

panman40

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:13 PM

Hi,
I think i posted in the wrong place earlier Lol !, This was my post if anyone can help please .

Hi there, i'm new here, I am hoping somebody can help me out please, About 18 months ago our 04 Focus TDCi 115 developed a steering fault and got trailered to the local Ford Garage, The powers steering fluid was black so the system was fushed out and new put back in, they were not sure if it's a Pump issue or a Rack.
Now its black again and the steering is not great to say the least !. If anyone can help me out as to which is to blame and if its a common problem etc i will be very grateful as my wife uses the car for work every day so i need to get something sorted asap.

Many thanks !

LOL, Damn quiet on here innit !!

#3 TDCiST

TDCiST

No Smoke No Poke... Unless you have a DPF!

• 1,682 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Zetec S 1.6 TDCi
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:22 PM

Sounds to me like the seals in the pump, or the hoses for the system are breaking up...

#4 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,886 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:49 PM

Sounds to me like the seals in the pump, or the hoses for the system are breaking up...

its common and caused by the seals not breaking down but the rubber thats used contaminating the fluid my old foci had the same for years steering was fine though if the steering is bad then as stated it could be the seals in the pump

#5 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,754 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:09 PM

My old focus also had black p/s fluid, never had any issues with it though

#6 panman40

panman40

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:45 PM

My old focus also had black p/s fluid, never had any issues with it though

Thanks Guys, So its more than likely the Pump then ?, thats great as i ordered one yesterday from ebay,

Cheers :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users