Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Second Service.

kevin lancelott

My car is booked in for its second service next week.£165 at our local ford garage.Its about £30 more than last years.Just thought I would pass on some useless information for you. :P

Sounds pretty reasonable to me (but then my previous cars have been Land Rover, Audi, Volvo and Jaguar...)

My second service is due in May and I was expecting over £200. I know it can vary between dealers but it gives me something to aim for.

Cheers

Rog

My 2nd service was £125 - and I had a £10 off voucher from my Econocheck ;)

Even better! :-)

My car is booked in for its second service next week.£165 at our local ford garage.Its about £30 more than last years.Just thought I would pass on some useless information for you. :P

I've just paid £246 (including £40 for a brake fluid change) for my second service at my local Ford dealership (Bristol Street Motors). You did well. Obviously all Ford garages don't charge the same.

They did ask if I wanted the break fluid doing.Whats the point of a service if they going to charge stupid amounts just for labour and anything that needs doing will be an added charge.

I agree that the brake fluid change wasn't really neccesary at two years old but any recommendation by Ford that you ignore could give them ammunition if you have a warranty issue. I do have an issue with noisy brakes which they have been unable to cure so far. Creaking when releasing (from the front discs I think) and loud rubbing noises from the rear drums when braking. Anyone else have these problems ? I am hoping to get them sorted while still under warranty but I'm not optimistic!

Asked my local dealer this morning while dropping my car in for something else and they quote £179 for the second service (or £169 for a petrol).

Cheers

Rog

Yeah I knew a diesel service costs more and the reason is because they can I think.You could do your own service much cheaper but that wont give you a stamp in the service book come time to sell.

All of the service costs quoted here seem less than I paid. Bristol Street Motors seem to have this area (South Birmingham/North Worcestershire) pretty well sewn up for Ford dealerships so I've not a lot of choice but pay their high prices.

Apart from go to a non-Ford franchise, of course. While still under warranty, I am wary of using other garages for servicing even though I know that legally it can't affect the warranty but they can be awkward about it. Once the warranty is ended things will be different.

I forgot to add that they did wash and vacuum the car for the price but I suppose they have to justify it somehow.

Yeah I knew a diesel service costs more and the reason is because they can I think.You could do your own service much cheaper but that wont give you a stamp in the service book come time to sell.

Could invalidate your warranty too. Has to be done to manufacturers schedule using Ford-approved equipment and parts by a vat registered garage.

Could invalidate your warranty too. Has to be done to manufacturers schedule using Ford-approved equipment and parts by a vat registered garage.

This is true. You don't need to get your servicing done at a Ford dealer but it must be a VAT registered garage using Ford parts.

Cheers

Rog