Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service Oil / Regen Advice?

mitch84

Hi

Recently had my focus 1.6tdci in for a problem with the "service oil" message coming up in the display every time I turned the ignition on , I thought it might just need a reset but although this might of been the case as I've only had the car 2 weeks as before it was a Ford Direct owned car and had a service in September , Fords changed the oil and oil filter and kept it in so they could do a regen.

Im aware that this message could be caused by the DPF is that correct?

Anyway is there a way to tell when your car may need a regen?

which can be sorted by doing a steady 40 for so many miles.

Thanks

Mitch

Not owning a diesel I can only guess that your DPF needs new oil. If this is the case then get it sorted ASAP before you do major damage and cost yourself £1500 for a replacement DPF.

This is the great diesel rip off that started with the Euro4 cars in the mid 2000's.

Not owning a diesel I can only guess that your DPF needs new oil. If this is the case then get it sorted ASAP before you do major damage and cost yourself £1500 for a replacement DPF.

This is the great diesel rip off that started with the Euro4 cars in the mid 2000's.

Hi

the problem has been fixed now , I think it was to do with the oil and regen processes. Just would like to know if others have had this message?

thanks

I havent yet... but i'm expecting it... i bought the car after it doing 4500 miles in a year... needless to say, ive been doing a few 4th gear motorway journeys to make sure its clear! lol

I havent yet... but i'm expecting it... i bought the car after it doing 4500 miles in a year... needless to say, ive been doing a few 4th gear motorway journeys to make sure its clear! lol

Well I hope it does'nt , what sort of speed are you doing in 4th , I might try a run next week.

just 60-70... just keeping the revs up to get heat into the system... thats how the old FAP's and DPF's used to regen, wethere the new ones do i dont know...

just 60-70... just keeping the revs up to get heat into the system... thats how the old FAP's and DPF's used to regen, wethere the new ones do i dont know...

Do you do it for a certain amount of time say 20mins or so many miles?

thanks

just a couple of junctions... So what, 5 miles, maybe not even that. A regen doesnt take that long if i remember correctly...

just a couple of junctions... So what, 5 miles, maybe not even that. A regen doesnt take that long if i remember correctly...

Yeah i heard a regen was about 15 minutes , not to sure though ,I always thought theres ECU in the system so we dont have to do these regens ourselfs.

Hi

If this is a stage V emissions compliant car it will not have a fluid tank for the dpf.

It will have a coated for life dpf

Are you familier with the Ford Etis website

Jamie

Maybe... i am new to DPF's. yet to do a lot of research, but im getting there lol!

Hi

If this is a stage V emissions compliant car it will not have a fluid tank for the dpf.

It will have a coated for life dpf

Are you familier with the Ford Etis website

Jamie

Does this mean it doesnt need to regen?? or will it still do it without the need for fluid??

Hi

What it means is that there is no fluid tank

The Fluid is used to lower the temperature at which the soot is burnt off when a regen is being completed.

Fluid is refilled at the 37500 service iirc

Stage V Vehicles have a dpf that is coated in a special metal that makes burning off the soot easier.

Stage V is better imo

Jamie