Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery Trouble?

MrRedman

Hi everyone ive just noticed the red indicator on the battery is showing i think it is the original 1 although

not sure they last 9yrs? Anyhow do i run out and buy another or could this change back to green at some point.

ive just been doing the usual in terms of mileage,is there a particular battery best suited if i need to replace.

thanks..

whack it on charge and see what happens in a few days... the cold weather wont be helping, if it returns you may need a new one..

There are better tests you can do, but you'll need another person! lol

Ok thanks :)

at that age and on red its a waste of time charging it its gone and needs replaced ide just buy a new one

If the car is used regularly then the chances are its had it's day and not holding charge very well. At 9yr old you have done not too bad.

• 2 months later...

The battery on my last Mondeo was original and still OK after 12 years, for the last 2 years the green indicator had disappeared but I didn’t notice a red one, also the car would not be used for over a week in cold weather and still start OK.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club