• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Name: steve
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium mk2.5
  • Year: 2010

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:11 AM

Hi

Im guessing climate control works pretty much the same threw out the focus range, Ive never understood something about the A/C when in auto mode , I have a titanium with climate control , when I select auto the a/c light is highlighted yellow which I guess is on as I have the satnav touchscreen display.

Now does this stay on all the time no matter what temperature I have set or does it turn on/off accordingly in the background despite always saying its on in the display?

thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,001 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:09 PM

It maintains the temp set the aircon pumps dont cycle on and off they use vss pumps which regulate the refridgerant to prevent the pipes from freezing so still work below 4 degrees the climate control changes the hot and cold mixture to keep the temp at whatever u set it as so its always running

#3 mitch84

mitch84

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Name: steve
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium mk2.5
  • Year: 2010

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:32 AM

It maintains the temp set the aircon pumps dont cycle on and off they use vss pumps which regulate the refridgerant to prevent the pipes from freezing so still work below 4 degrees the climate control changes the hot and cold mixture to keep the temp at whatever u set it as so its always running

cheers, I do have the option to turn a/c off , perhaps its best to turn off in the cold weather anyway?

#4 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,001 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:26 AM

It regulates to stop the pipes freezing so in the cold it helps to remove moisture the draw back is the vents get moist misting the window after u switch it off best advice is to have it max hot for at least ten mins to dry the vents out

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users