Share Your Car Experience
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
octyvrs

fiesta heater problem

3 posts in this topic

The heater in my wifes 2000 fiesta is blowing hot all the time,originaly it was blowing cold so changed thermostat,but did not cure problem so replaced heater control valve and now just blows hot all the time no matter what position the heater dial is in,had the control in car checked by sparky at work and he said it was ok,but when i replaced the hcv i got it off flea bay, not a ford part.all the problems with the heater appear to be with them blowing cold not hot, anyone have any ideas ?

did you test the hcv by hooking it up to the power to see if the solenoid works properly?

the solenoids can fail in either blowing hot or cold,a fully working solenoid will click open and closed,a bad 1 won't.

did you test the hcv by hooking it up to the power to see if the solenoid works properly?

the solenoids can fail in either blowing hot or cold,a fully working solenoid will click open and closed,a bad 1 won't.

No i did not try this as valve was new,to try this you disconnect from hcv turn ingnition on and reconnect and do you hear a noise or something ?