Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speedo And Digital Milage Stopped Working,please Help

martync

was driving down the road and suddenly my speedo has stopped working and the digital display is now showing dashes only,the rev counter and the fuel and petrol gauges are still reading normal,any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks martyn

was driving down the road and suddenly my speedo has stopped working and the digital display is now showing dashes only,the rev counter and the fuel and petrol gauges are still reading normal,any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks martyn

Being a year 2000 model I dont think you have a trip computer with the DTC codes, so do you have any lights on your dashboard you didnt before? whcih digital disaplay are you referring to also?

there are no other lights on that shouldnt be and its the digital milage and trip display below the speedo dial,also the car cut out twice on the way back from work which it has never done,thanks for the reply

there are no other lights on that shouldnt be and its the digital milage and trip display below the speedo dial,also the car cut out twice on the way back from work which it has never done,thanks for the reply

OK, so my understanding is your odometer cuts out? no warning signs? can you narrow down the rev range to be a certain range before it cuts out? sounds to me like a potentially damaged fuel filter, I had the same thing, found if I kept the revs below 2500 the car was fine, anything over that, it started hoping then died without warning. Engine cut out, no error codes, no trace of a problem.

Try keeping the revs as low as possible - does it affect your car if you then stamp your foot down?

• 2 weeks later...

hi, it is your speedo sensor, it cost bout £60 easy to fit aswell, if not a cheap fix at local garage

Definitely speedo sensor.

It dips the power when it fails and makes everything run ragged.

I think ford designed it to do this so people wouldn't run their cars with it disconnected to reduce the shown miles.

i had this fault with my last car which was a Mk1 1.8

Speedo sensor and pin off eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-FOCUS-MK1-MK2-speed-drive-SPEEDO-SENSOR-1998-O-E-/230657784651?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35b4467b4b

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Focus-Speed-Sensor-Pin-/220473007620?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3355371e04

The old pin can be a bit of a sod to remove but careful wiggling usually works.

Replacing these will definitely cure your problem.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club