#1 AndyCuz

AndyCuz

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Name: Andrew
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2009

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:21 PM

I'm having issues with the general feeling of my 2009 Focus Zetec tdci the steering started feeling sloppy so I had my front wishbone rear bushes replaced with Powerflex as they looked a bit worn and off centre and had a lot of play. the steering felt vague after so had the tracking done, now my steering wheel is off centre and it still doesn't feel quite right a little light, and pulls some times to the right when accelerating fast so I've booked it in for a full geometry check. I noticed a whole ago that if I grab the steering wheel and move it quickly side to side there's a little knock from what I think is the steering rack. Is this normal and should there be a tiny clunk/click which is more pronounced when the engine is off. I hope this not the rack that's on it's way out.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,877 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:40 PM

I'm having issues with the general feeling of my 2009 Focus Zetec tdci the steering started feeling sloppy so I had my front wishbone rear bushes replaced with Powerflex as they looked a bit worn and off centre and had a lot of play. the steering felt vague after so had the tracking done, now my steering wheel is off centre and it still doesn't feel quite right a little light, and pulls some times to the right when accelerating fast so I've booked it in for a full geometry check. I noticed a whole ago that if I grab the steering wheel and move it quickly side to side there's a little knock from what I think is the steering rack. Is this normal and should there be a tiny clunk/click which is more pronounced when the engine is off. I hope this not the rack that's on it's way out.

my rack doesnt do it on and off you cant budge my steering wheel so ide so its not normal

#3 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 20,621 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:20 PM

I would say take the car to the dealer, and get it looked at under warranty - and quick! put in writing that you need them to review this, it could be a faulty 'rack n pin'!

#4 AndyCuz

AndyCuz

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Name: Andrew
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2009

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:42 PM

Cheers guys I've got it booked in in Thursday as I suspected the rack

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users