Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dpf, Egr, And Turbo Replaced, Still Power Loss?

Antifaith

Hi, I recently had the pleasurable experience of my DPF becoming blocked due to a broken intercooler pipe not allowing the car to regenerate - which in turn pushed carbon in a rather un-polite way all the way around the engine

- being as I'd only had the car 2 weeks I thought I'd fix it myself, so I replaced the DPF - with the intercooler pipe and Eoyls fluid only to find that the EGR had become stuck in an open position - so I replaced this hoping that it would resolve the power loss I had been experiencing, without much avail - the turbo was whistling so I thought this could be the only thing left and would probably be on its way out if gunked up with carbon anyway - so over a VERY long weekend I replaced the turbo, pick up pipe, oil feeder pipe and cleaned the sump - I tested the oil flow through the turbo, everything was dandy so I was happy to use it to and from work again.(turbo was whistling due to a chipped impeller blade and was black like tarmac)

The car is driving - but the engine is revving fairly high and feels pretty choked up - I'm looking at 2,000 rpm in 4th gear for 40mph and 3,000 rpm in 5th gear for 70 - obviously not natural

Basically I'm looking at what else could be causing this - if I can I'd like to avoid taking the head off of the engine and trying to clear it out - or getting the engine flushed as I've already spent around £1000 fixing my donkey already and am in enough debt as it is!

Cheers for any advice

hi mate i also had the same problem as you when i replaced the dpf the ecu needs to be reset by a main dealer or a independant garage with the software to reset the dpf or your dpf will block up after 15-20 miles and might blow your turbo again,cost me £60 for the reset and now there is power again hits 4000 revs no problem,hope this helps.you will be better off changing your oil just in case there is carbon in the oil.

Yeah, I took it to ford after replacing dpf and got them to do a forced regeneration and ecu reset just to make sure it was working - then took it to them again to get the EGR reset after fitting - plus got them to do an ecu update - think I'm going to take it to them tomorrow morning and ask what gives - piece of crap car, it's been nothing but trouble!

mine sounds just like yours. i think the 1.6 tdci engines are a load of rubbish,but i would not expect anything else because the engine is french,enough said really.

i think the 1.6 tdci engines are a load of rubbish,but i would not expect anything else because the engine is french,enough said really.

My only complaint with the 1.6tdci 110, is that 4th and 5th gear seem really underpowered! i believe the now put a 6speed box on the 1.6, so this probably helps!

All my gears feel underpowered lol - yeah it really is a crock - I never would have gotten it if I'd have known peugeot had anything to do with the engine!

check the cat, if it blocked, you will lose power, with all that muck going round the engine (Dpf, Egr, And Turbo Replaced) that's bound to have blocked cat..

the cat is part of the dpf it comes in a combo unit - which is part of the reason they're so effin expensive

high engine revs and slow road speed, is the clutch and DMF ok?

high engine revs and slow road speed, is the clutch and DMF ok?

would stalling a bit easier from stationary be a symptom of this? Because its starting to lose a load of power when I first accellerate and then shoot me off when the turbo kicks in.

The clutch feels alright, though it can be hard to get it into first gear - the only thing stopping me from thinking it might be that is that, the engine is giving a throaty sound when it's revving high and it feels like there is a lot of pressure behind the accellerator - directing me more towards the exhaust system still

what symptoms should I be looking out for?

would stalling a bit easier from stationary be a symptom of this? Because its starting to lose a load of power when I first accellerate and then shoot me off when the turbo kicks in.

The clutch feels alright, though it can be hard to get it into first gear - the only thing stopping me from thinking it might be that is that, the engine is giving a throaty sound when it's revving high and it feels like there is a lot of pressure behind the accellerator - directing me more towards the exhaust system still

what symptoms should I be looking out for?

Hmm just done some research and the only thing warning me of this would be the shudder as the engine turns off - going to check for any rattling or whistles when I leave work tonight - I f**k*n* hate this car - just found out I'm basically driving a ticking time bomb with the mileage being 123000 - time to sell before anything else goes I think

No rattling, but when I put the car under some pressure - it starts bunny hopping in all gears until I turn the engine off and back on again - I take it this is a good indication that it's on it's way out?

have you changed the fuel filter recently if not that could be the problem with the car bunny hopping.or if you have did you bleed it after fitting.

Clutch / DMF issues would be present continuously regardless of restart of engine, the fact your car stalls easily tells me that its sound.

I had the bunny hop fuel filter issue. That is certainly a contender. Other than potential gunked up glow plugs, the carbon deposits in the engine (if there are any left may be a problem) as you have replaced the majority of the exhaust system, I would say the only issue left is the Fuel intake, so check your fuel filter, and I would also say check the service history! have you had a decent service done recently?

Clutch / DMF issues would be present continuously regardless of restart of engine, the fact your car stalls easily tells me that its sound.

I had the bunny hop fuel filter issue. That is certainly a contender. Other than potential gunked up glow plugs, the carbon deposits in the engine (if there are any left may be a problem) as you have replaced the majority of the exhaust system, I would say the only issue left is the Fuel intake, so check your fuel filter, and I would also say check the service history! have you had a decent service done recently?

Thanks, that gave me and my wallet great peace of mind

I'm not looking forward to replacing the fuel filter in the snow lol fml

is there a possiblity a gunked up fuel filter or glow plugs be part of the cause of the high revs and power loss?

I would expect so as the engine is going to be injecting more fuel that wont burn efficiently, or its going to be working harder to suck the fuel intot he engine block.

I would say, because you can get the fuel filter for about 20-30 quid, its worth doing it now before the heavy snowfall!

My problem occurred when there was about 4 inches of snow, so I couldnt do it, and because I had work, I had to leave the car at the garage, cost me £130 to get it done by a dealer :|

I hope it is the filter, but worst case scenario, a new fuel filter never harms! lol

in my opinion it is the fuel filter that is the cause, but I wouldnt take that as a diagnosis guaranteed :) lol