#1 SirKit Breaker

SirKit Breaker

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Name: Howard
  • Ford Model: Mondeo MK3 2.0L Petrol Titanium
  • Year: 2006

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:38 PM

My 2006 Mk3 Mondeo Titanium has developed a dodgy indicator stalk. It has a spongy feel, and can be awkward to turn off. Is it a big job to replace it. I know it is on a multiplug, but what trim needs removing to get it off.

Cheers..........Howard

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 fishpond 47

fishpond 47

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 363 posts
  • Ford Model: mk3 mondeo x2 + a ka

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:23 PM

the indicator stalk will be on a thing called 'a clock spring' this works a few things and a new one will be megga bucks, the main problem you will come across is removing the steering wheel which includes the air bag, which will involve disconnecting the battery (hope you know your radio code) and waiting at least 10 mins for any residue electricty in the cars system to disarm before attempting to disconnecting the air bag (I take no blame if it goes off), remove the airbag from the wheel, then remove the steering wheel,then you remove the steering colume casing and you have access to the clock spring/ stalks.

Refit in reverse order.

(This is advice only,just give you an idea of what is involved)

#3 SirKit Breaker

SirKit Breaker

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Name: Howard
  • Ford Model: Mondeo MK3 2.0L Petrol Titanium
  • Year: 2006

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:48 PM

the indicator stalk will be on a thing called 'a clock spring' this works a few things and a new one will be megga bucks, the main problem you will come across is removing the steering wheel which includes the air bag, which will involve disconnecting the battery (hope you know your radio code) and waiting at least 10 mins for any residue electricty in the cars system to disarm before attempting to disconnecting the air bag (I take no blame if it goes off), remove the airbag from the wheel, then remove the steering wheel,then you remove the steering colume casing and you have access to the clock spring/ stalks.

Refit in reverse order.

(This is advice only,just give you an idea of what is involved)

Thanks...........Howard

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users