The Sexecutioner

• FOC Supporters
  • 834 posts
  • Name: Kurt
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

I used a red coloured scotchlok, that is 22-16 AWG on the back of it, perfect fit. the blue might be a bit big indeed. I really don't think it's worth soldering. This is creating unnecessary work and making it a permanent connection. With the scotchlok it's easy to remove the kit if you ever need to without leaving a trace.

The scotchloks doesn't create enough force to slice the wire nor is the blade part of it small enough to do so, it barely pierced the insulation for me.

What i did though, i stripped some of the headlight loom sleeve keeping the scotchlok away from the connector block for the headlight incase needs be that the cable needs to be joint together, there is enough room for a crimp

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#92 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Ford Enthusiast

• Super Mod
  • 10,981 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Focus CMAX 1.6 CVT TDCI
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:31 PM

In the end I just cut the shielding and pulled it back with a small enough gap and wrapped the wire around it, and for now, have covered it with electrical tape (might as well continue Ford's obsession) and it works a treat. wont bother soldering it I dont think but as the cable is wrapped around it, its not going anywhere and is making a permenant connection, so my just tidy it up but now my install is complete. I need to get the photo's up when I get a chance, not as smart as those that are embedded into the fog housing but I think they look alright!

#93 huey45

huey45

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Name: Keith
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium 1.6 Tdci
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:07 AM

Hi preee
I missed the link I sent you on pm, please have a look at this and advise with thoughts

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...em=370876066707

Regards Keith

#94 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Ford Enthusiast

• Super Mod
  • 10,981 posts
Contributor

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:40 PM

Hi Keith,

Looking at that, in my opinion, you will need to be careful, as they are projectors, and I dont believe your factory lights will be. As such, these could be seen as a retrofit HDI and those are illegal, however the integrated DRL's look good.

#95 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,059 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:52 PM

Hi Keith , i'm with Jeeb on this one be careful when buying the projectors , although it does state they are road legal ! , if you do buy them you might want to screen grab the advert. also perhaps print the information off and go and ask an MOT garage if they would fail they if they were fitted.

#96 kashcheema1

kashcheema1

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:30 AM

Hi guys, sorry to bring up such ab old thread. Im new here, my name is K and I wanted to ask a question about DRLs on my focus mk2.5. I am looking at ordering these DRLs from a UK seller, what do you guys think:
http://pages.ebay.co...id=281284313991

Anyway I'm not savvy on installing these at all and I'm not afraid to admit that! The local lights and audio garage will fit these for £70. I want them wired to the ignition like preee has done and to dim when the sidelights and dipped beam come on. He said that these also have the in built amber indicators on them, so they flash amber when indicating, by looking at the eBay post is that correct?

I wanted to see if any of you kind folk, local to me in Bexleyheath and surrounding areas who have installed these successfully in their cars could install these for me? For a price of course. I would much rather get it done by one of you enthusiasts than someone who may not care too much about the correct install.. Make sense?

Many thanks in anticipation, K.

Sent from my C6903 using Ford OC mobile app

#97 kashcheema1

kashcheema1

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:38 AM

Ps. I'd much rather they didn't turn amber when indicating..is that possible?

Thank you.

#98 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Ford Enthusiast

• Super Mod
  • 10,981 posts
Contributor

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:29 PM

Hi matey, I would be happy to help but I'm In medway so if you don't mind a trek I will help.

But as for indicators, if you don't want them then as long as you don't connect them they won't work :-)

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

#99 kashcheema1

kashcheema1

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

hello buddy, i have just looked on google maps and medway is only 35mins drive from me, so if it is ok with you, i would really appreciate your help.

and as for the indicators, yeh sorry mate, as you can see i am a complete novice with all this! 

these are the lights i will order tonight or tomorrow if we can agree a day and time that is ok with you: http://www.ebay.com/itm/281284313991

i can only assume that these drls will do all that i want them to do...turn on with the ignition, dim with sidelights and dipped beams on?

thanks mate, i will sort you out for your troubles at whatever price you quote. :-)

kash

#100 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Ford Enthusiast

• Super Mod
  • 10,981 posts
Contributor

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:06 PM

Hi Kash,

No worries, well get them ordered as to me they look like they will do the job perfectly :)

Just as a heads up, I recently knackered my neck, so I might be more supervisor and little work and I might need you to be the muscles :P If you get them for Tuesday / Wednesday, how does Thursday sound?

Drop me a message and we can discuss it further :)

#101 josingh20

josingh20

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Name: Julian
  • Ford Model: Focus ST225
  • Year: 2007

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:17 PM

Don't forget, this won't fit the prefacelift Focus. To stop the Amber turn signal, don't connect that wire. Easier job to do I belive if you take the front bumper off

#102 kashcheema1

kashcheema1

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:45 PM

Don't forget, this won't fit the prefacelift Focus. To stop the Amber turn signal, don't connect that wire. Easier job to do I belive if you take the front bumper off

Hi jo singh,

I'm a fellow punjabi too! I have the 2.5 facelift focus so this will be fine. I have ordered the DRLs today and will receive them tomorrow. Still looking for someone to install these for me, at cost of course. Thanks for the advice re. The indicator amber lights.

Kash

#103 kashcheema1

kashcheema1

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:51 PM

Hi josingh20 I assumed you were punjabi by your username apologies if you're not and if I have caused any offence!

#104 higgsy

higgsy

Northern Yam Yam

• FOC Supporters
  • 657 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S 1.6 TI-VCT
  • Year: 2010

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:44 PM

No need to take the front bumper off. Very easy mod, shouldn't take more than a couple of hours, have a go at it yourself using the guide and the instructions there are also some pics in my thread of how I installed mine which may help

Sent from my Zetec S using the FOC for Android app

#105 kashcheema1

kashcheema1

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:32 PM

Got my DLRs delivered yesterday from a UK seller. Will be getting them fitted on Saturday as I just don't have the time or patience to do it myself!

I will ask the fella that when he installs them he wires them up to ensure they dim when the sidelights, dipped and full beams are on. Is there anything else I need to know?

And I noticed in this post that one of you guys had the facility whereby the DRLs remain on for 5 seconds after the ignition is turned off, is that a standard feature on these lights or do they need to be wired a certain way to achieve this?

Many thanks in advance. ^_^

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users