Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RIP - Tdcist's Focus Zetec S Tdci

TDCiST

This isn't exactly a project thread, as I'm not planning on anything huge! But I do have some small things planned for the car, so will use this to keep everyone updated!

The things include:

- Twin Reverse Light Conversion - Half Way Through........

- Colour Code Fog Surrounds

- Colour Code Bonnet Lip

- iPod integration for stereo (not sure how yet... but I'm researching!) Not iPod but MP3 USB Stick... As Good As...

- Footwell Lighting For FREE!! Result

- Twin Boot Lights

- ST Upper Grille

- Zetec S/ST Lower Grille Conversion

Obviously some of these already have guides written, but if I come across one that hasn't (Like the Twin Reverse, for the Mk2.5) I'll do one!

Also, being a keen photographer, ill also bung the odd picture up here, and also keep it up to date with meets I attend with my other owners forum, that may be of interest to others here!

So to start! a bit of history!!

First Ford I owned, was a 1.4CVH Fiesta Freestyle... which for some reason i cant find any photos of!

My Second was the Mk1.5 Focus Edge 1.8TDCi 115..

IMG_0361.jpg

Dyno1sml.jpg

Dyno2sml.jpg

Had ST170 Cosmetics (Lower Grille with TDCi badge on, Headlights, Foglights), colour coded front grille surround, Twin Reverse Light Conversion, De Badged, Mondeo ST Rear badge.

Dragon CRDII Tuning Box, see graphs above, gained about 10bhp and 40lbft! I knw not as good as a map, but we all make rookie mistakes when young lol!

K&N Panel Filter.

I had some ST170 alloys too, that i bought about a month before things went wrong!

Loved this car, still do! I hope whoever bought it at the auction does her proud, and makes a nice little project from her!

And Now, Because the last one met an untimely demise at my busiest time of year!! I bought my new one!

The 1.6TDCi 110 Zetec S.

carrearlight.jpg

Hopefully this one should last me similiar if not longer than the last!!

• Like 1

Sounds like you have a few plans there so all the best to you! look forward to seeing your car evolving!

• 4 weeks later...

Well I think I've finally decided on what cosmetically I'm going to do with the car...

The front will be treated to some 3M carbon effect Vinyl, on the bonnet lip, and silver fog bezels. The fog surrounds may go panther black, to match the car.

It will get full DMB carbon effect gel overlays for the ford badges, and I'm also thinking of carbon effecting the rear diffuser/splitter... Unsure on that at the moment tho..

• Like 2

Yeah, just trying to work out how to vinyl the diffuser... lol its gonna take a lot of swearing, hairdrying and probably a lot of wasted vinyl lol!!

Does the grey part come away from the rest of the bumper? If not you need to be wary of putting on the vinyl then coz with any form of pressure washing the water will get under it on any edge thats exposed and lift it. Its ok on the bonnet lip as you can take it off and fold round the back of it therefore not leaving any edges exposed to lifting

Yeah i had that thought... i may just spray it darker grey, to kind of match the Carbon... we shall see! lol

Ill experiment, i'm not afraid to do that.

Ordered my DMB Carbon-Silver badges today... gone for the full set, Bonnet, Boot, alloys and Steering Wheel! all for £26!

Will be with me soon, and ill fit them asap! Should look good against the black.

Next step is to order the Carbon Effect Vinyl to do the bonnet lip!

16_2736_e.jpg

• Like 2

Well the new toy arrived!

This is after about 2 minutes... not sure if the foam isn't thick enough... Any tips would be gratefully received!

Also, i think i need a slightly alkali one, as the PH neutral didnt seem to remove much in the way of traffic film. Or maybe its just the fact it was my first time! And i need to work on my mixture/technique!

post-28356-0-41404500-1326304536_thumb.j

• Like 1

Lol, what does the snow foam do exactly? is it just meant to help clean your car (replacement or additive to the shampoo?)

Its a pre-cleaner... So removes surface film and grit etc, to reduce swirls and scratches when washing your car.

You can see what comes of when its dripping onto the floor, but once i had rinsed it, there was still a heavy soil of crud on the rear of the car. However a slightly more alkali foam may help here... Or maybe my foam wasnt the right consistency so didnt dwell long enough...

I'll get it right after a few attempts!

My 7 DMB Badges are now in my possession!!

Gonna stick them on tomorrow! Pics will follow!

hi mate sorry i didnt get to your topic sooner... iv got the full dmb badge set and found the alloy ones to be a nightmare... i spent ages on them.

i cleaned the car first and dryed it all off, then cleaned the badges with methalated spirits then rubbed dry again.

i then used a hair dryer to pre-warm the badges, both new and existing and stil found they didnt stick properly.

mayeb i had a dodgy batch, but because the wheel badges are not recessed like the front and rear they are exposed to the elements and the wind and rain whilst driving.

i have since removed mine as i was having to push the edges down before setting off on a trip lol

hope you have more luck with yours!! let us know how you get on...

Ah i see... I'll keep that in mind, tbh i'm not sure if ill stick over the top or actually remove the ford ones and just put these in there place. Ill let you know!!

i didnt know if the badges on the wheels could be removed... but the overlays did look good but obviously wernt to be

DSC_0202.jpg

not the best of pictures but gives you and idea... like i said let me know how you get on... and dont be shy with the hair dryer/heat gun you need them fairly hot.

They all seem to have gone on fairly well.. And I got them nice and warm with the heat gun... Pics will follow shortly!

They look excellent on the black body work mate,

and love the alloys B)

I'm really happy with them! All apart from the Steering wheel one, thats about 1mm to wide and 1mm too short on the height lol!

but it doesnt notice TBF.

Ooooh i almost forgot... Monday saw the arrival of my Personal Plates on the car!!

Went down to the DVLA office, waited half hour, did the paperwork, phoned the insurance and BOOM! plates on!

Very happy with them!

Looking good, still got my carbon ones to go on yet.

Haven't had a warm enough day so far.

Probably wait until spring, wouldn't want them peeling off on me.

@Stoney871 I was lucky enough to have my Scene Dock at work to drive into to do the work... And a heatgun lol!

So first clean the badges! i also used isopropanol, then wiped with a microfibre towel, just incase any residue was left.

Then warm the badge up so its warm to touch, then warm the gel badge on the sheet until its floppy, then peel off and stick... they go on great.

I then used the heatgun again to warm, and applied as much pressure as i could (Almost too much on the front one, think ive broken it lol) then let it cool naturally before driving out into the -1 temp outside!!

I had one problem with air bubbles under the rear badge, but this was solved with the heatgun and pushing the bubbles out to the edges. One edge then refused to stick down... so again, the heatgun came out!! Needless to say, its stuck down now!

The next morning the whole car was covered in frost, and nothing appears to have peeled or come off.. Even the steering wheel one that i peeled off and reapplied has stuck on ok again! This is the only one i didnt heatgun...

Jobs a good un then.

I'll wait until i have a reasonably warm day.

No rush.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club