Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RIP - Tdcist's Focus Zetec S Tdci

TDCiST

Fingers crossed for you Dave! :D

Cheers fella,

Now the warranty period is over I can hopefully do a few more mods!!

Just need to get my butt in gear and spend some money!!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

So... The saga continues! Although it appears the temp sensor has now been fixed (for now at least!) since coming back from the dealer, my reverse light and parking sensors now don't work!! And how did I find out?? By reversing into the courtesy car from the dealer that my dad now has!! Luckily only at crawling speed so no damage, even so I think I've just about had enough with this car now!!

Hopefully I'll get time to investigate tomorrow during the break at work!! !Removed! typical!!

• Like 1

Anyone know which fuse it is?? 2010 focus 1.6 tdci... I'm out and thought while I'm waiting for my mate to turn up I could check it now!!

• Like 1

As the sensors work on a signal from the reversing light the problems are linked.

Remember - I have fuse lists in amongst my guide links.

That's why I'm hoping fuse... Or maybe reverse switch... Just seems strange it's been in for my temp sensor, and they have had all looms out etc and now this doesn't work..

• Like 1

Had a little dig around today. Stoney your fuse box is a different layout to mine, had to resort to the manual!!

My "reverse light" fuse also apparently does the electric mirrors, and seeing as they still work I'm guessing it's either the reverse light switch, or they've knocked something while digging around the looms for the temp sensor issue...

Back in tomorrow then for them to look at it!!

• Like 1

Ah I only saw the one..

Took it in this morning, it seems they knocked the wire off the reverse light switch. All fixed, within 2 minutes too!

Will admit if I had known it was that easy to get to the switch I'd have tried it myself first!!

• Like 1

You wash the car.. Drive 100 miles... And it's like you never even bothered!! Sigh!

post-28356-138694969351_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I know that feeling. Mine was mucky after 2 miles! I drove the car back from the dealers after its service, got home and some begger decided to flatten a cat next to my car, the car was covered in poor !Removed! cat blood! then after another 2 miles, the road much kicked on! why do we even bother :p

I'm gonna have to do it again... The salt and muck will play on my mind lol! I have visions of it being a rusted pile of bolts by the time I leave work tonight

• Like 1

lol, now your over worrying ;) im sure she'll be fine!

lmfao, omg its worse than we thought Dave, your car has been infected with corsa-s-hitus (perhaps I had one too many hyphens in there?) you really are stuffed!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I didn't think it would be long!!

The problem has returned. I guess only things left in the chain now are the box of tricks that the loom goes too, or the instrument cluster!

Guess it will be going back in in the next few days!

The temptation to chop it in and get a new toy is rising!

• Like 1

Sorry to hear it Dave, would you go for another Foci?

• Like 1

Of course!

I would also be partial to money or SMax too tho...

• Like 1

Focus is more sporty for sure. SMAX Is good for space!

• Like 1

The Mondy or SMax would be titanium x sport models anyway lol so no worries there!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

so it appears no one can havbe nice things anymore without some little terror wanting to destroy it!

Had the car keyed the other day while out at a friends.

The keying stretches from the headlight right along to the end of the drivers door! To say im not happy is an understatement.

T-Cut has been liberally applied and dulled it, but its still noticeable.

A trip to the bodyshop is going to be needed I feel.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club