Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RIP - Tdcist's Focus Zetec S Tdci

TDCiST

nothing is safe nowadays, you carnt leave nothing no where without it getting vandalized... i know ford do the touch up paint in brush form with lacquer for around 12 quid.... just use a very fine artist brush to touch up then buff accordingly

I may try that first... if I do a bad job I can always get it sprayed I guess!

I normally use a paperclip... an old trick taught to me for stonechips... works wonders!

a small brush on this may be better though! I'll have a look Monday and let you all know how I get on... :S

no probs, would like to see before and after pics, if they are going be available of course ;-)

I'll see what I can do...

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Well after a quiet few months, the car has had some exciting upgrades!!

service, MOT and Tax!!

Its been a busy few months, and i'm thinking of changing her, to the new ST TDCi Focus.

In other news, ive been through 3 air filters... all deformed... anyone have any ideas??

• Like 1

Well after a quiet few months, the car has had some exciting upgrades!!

Service, MOT and Tax!!

Its been a busy few months, and i'm thinking of changing her, to the new ST TDCi Focus.

In other news, ive been through 3 air filters... all deformed... anyone have any ideas??

Too much boost?

:lol:

My stock air filter was crushed aswell,

They are a tight fit and have a crappy tin beam support,

Green Cotton Induction has a metal beam support instead much stronger and ensure the beam is top front facing,

See my guide here:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/36783-green-cotton-performance-induction-filter-fitting-guide/%22

• Like 1

what kind of deformity? that's really strange!

too much sucking....air lol!

• Like 1

that grill does look good...do it do it do it!

oh that's a nice grill, don't need the fog surrounds though and for that money I can get the chrome trimmed titanium one....

this forum is a dangerous place if your trying to save penny's!

• Like 1

oh hang on a sec, they sell that chrome one much cheaper too!

• Like 1

If I hadn't recently brought Zetec S grills, I would of brought one. :)

• 2 years later...

so another little update,

The car has been treated to front and rear "S" Badges, one on the upper grille and one on the boot lid by the TDCI badge.

In other exciting news, I binned off the standard filters, and bought a complete 57s kit, with modified airbox lid from K&N.  You can hear the turbo when you release the throttle now, and it sounds a bit meatier when driving.

I also bought some "S" emblem Lockwood Door Sills, they really finish the car off nicely, they weren't available for the mk2 in "S" guise, and they aren't yet on their website, but much asking got me a set first!! they are an awesome fit and look great.  If you want a set, I'm sure they wont mind f you email them direct, and place your order that way

image1.JPG

• Like 2

Dave - another splendid job :biggrin:

• Like 2

Cheers guys!

still a few things I want to do, I'll get some decent pics up soon!

• 6 months later...

Well, what can I say.

Its been a pretty rough few months for my poor car.

the ongoing electrical issue is just getting worse, I’m replacing headlights once every couple of weeks now! And still no one can find the issue. All metering and diagnostics come back as ok! 

A couple of month ago my gearbox selector broke up, and an expensive repair was made.

the MOT advisory’s list is as long as the rush hour queues on the M25... and add that too needing 4 new tyres, and a suspected wheel bearing replacement... new shocks, New bushes, New trailing arms and a potential cv joint clunk when steering, and the engine malfunction message flashing randomly whenever it likes, and its time to wave goodbye to my Zetec S.

i have been and looked at a new toy today... which I will post a new topic about when it’s collected next week!

the Zetec S has done me proud, she’s just not worth spending the money to fix her anymore. 

Well, what can I say.
Its been a pretty rough few months for my poor car.
the ongoing electrical issue is just getting worse, I’m replacing headlights once every couple of weeks now! And still no one can find the issue. All metering and diagnostics come back as ok! 
A couple of month ago my gearbox selector broke up, and an expensive repair was made.
the MOT advisory’s list is as long as the rush hour queues on the M25... and add that too needing 4 new tyres, and a suspected wheel bearing replacement... new shocks, New bushes, New trailing arms and a potential cv joint clunk when steering, and the engine malfunction message flashing randomly whenever it likes, and its time to wave goodbye to my Zetec S.
i have been and looked at a new toy today... which I will post a new topic about when it’s collected next week!
the Zetec S has done me proud, she’s just not worth spending the money to fix her anymore. 

That's a shame buddy, it has certainly served you well over the years. Looking forward to seeing your new workhorse!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's a real shame, the Zetec S models are really nice. Electrical problems are such a massive pain in the *****, especially when everything shows up correct. RIP

• Like 2

They certainly are!

i think you’ll all love the new toy! 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club