Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thinking About Fitting St Gauge Pod In Focus Tdci

Lenny

I've decided to fit the ST gauge pod to my 1.6TDCi Focus

This modification has been done before by another member and non members of FOC,

i have searched the internet for information on this Modification and it is possible to an extent.

The ST pod will fit the focus dash but the ST gauges wont operate in the focus due to them being a new breed of Can-Bus type electronic gauges and are not compatible with the regular aftermarket gauge probes and sensors,

As result some after market gauges are required and a maximum of two 52mm Gauges can be fitted in the pod.

I have purchased the ST gauges and Pod from this seller at a very affordable and Competitive price of £50 Click Here

He will also supply the outer dash piece required for the install on request all for under £100 including P&P

I have received the gauge Pod and gauges from this seller already and i am currently awaiting the outer section of dash which has been dispatched to me this morning,

so i should receive it by early next week, then the cutting of the dash can commence :D

Since the stock ST gauges are no use in the focus

i decided to search the internet for the next best thing and found these beautiful ford racing gauges on eBay Click Here

a maximum of 2 will fit in the ST pod and are available in black or white face depending on your personal preference.

Capture-1.pngCapture2-1.png

i started to get to work on what i currently have to hand,

Which is the gauge pod and dash piece,

so i have disected the gauge pod and plan to use the existing ST gauge face as the flat plate to drill two new 52mm holes in the centre and fit the new gauges in to it,

then carbon wrap the area around the gauges resulting in a nice tidy fit in the pod and saving me over an hour trying to manufacture a plate to hold the 2 new gauges.

Here are some pictures of the gauge pod and the parts i plan to use on the focus.

Image1219.jpg

Image1222.jpg

Image1224.jpg

Image1225.jpg

Image1226.jpg

Image1228.jpg

• Like 1

Image1229.jpg

Image1231.jpg

Image1232.jpg

the gauge face looks slanted at an angle but it actually sits flush when mounted to the pod dash piece,

i thought the slant would be an issue when fitting the new 52mm gauges to the clear plastic face of the stock pod, but since it sits flush and straight in the pod this plan will work perfectly,

i may also need to cut away the silver rings behind the clear section to create space for the rear of the two new gauges.

i will update this thread as i recieve the parts and get to work on the dash of the focus TDCi,

thanks for looking B)

Will look forward to the end result.Looks like a lot of work for you though. :)

• Like 1

Im looking forward to the day Lenny removes the "Style" branding of his Focus, and replaces it with - ST - Lenny Edition!

I will design you one!

Update:

post-10869-0-17460300-1324027855_thumb.j

As promised Lenny ;)

and the cool thing is - you could actually make a badge like this! haha, I never would have thought it! £15!

no im not on commission - but hey! http://www.domedbadge.co.uk/

• Like 1

Im looking forward to the day Lenny removes the "Style" branding of his Focus, and replaces it with - ST - Lenny Edition!

I will design you one!

Update:

post-10869-0-17460300-1324027855_thumb.j

As promised Lenny ;)

and the cool thing is - you could actually make a badge like this! haha, I never would have thought it! £15!

no im not on commission - but hey! http://www.domedbadge.co.uk/

Lmao very nice find their Jeebo mate,

that site sure gives DMB a run for their money lol,

ive already changed it to Zetec and plan to fit the S when i finally get the body kit down from the attic and fitted on the car,

also stuck a Mountune badge on their lol

also stuck a Mountune badge on their lol

Shame that mountune don't seem interested in Diesels! with their knowledge and teh fact it would be a dealer approved remap etc... would be a big seller!

• Like 2

Will look forward to the end result.Looks like a lot of work for you though. :)

Well done mate, looking forward to seeing it all in and finished.

Thanks Guys,

shouldnt be too much trouble,

the markings for the holes that need to be cut are already printed by ford on the under side of the dashboard, so i just need to remove the vents and speedo cluster,

and the guide for removing them is in the haynes manual,

also have a good friend who bought me a Dremil for Xmas which will be a great help when cutting the squares in the dash.

Quick Update,

Recieved the outer section of the Focus ST Gauge Pod this morning, From this Seller Click Here 100% Excellent Condition

So i will line it up on the Dash and begin Cutting out the section in the next week or two

ill keep you Posted B)

Image1243.jpg

Image1245.jpg

Image1247.jpg

Image1246.jpg

:unsure: Hoping It turns out somthing like this a picture from Leemaxd :) :

3cc70c00.jpg

• Like 1

Good news on the outer section Lenny, we need a live stream webcam when the cutting starts :)

• Like 1

Good news on the outer section Lenny, we need a live stream webcam when the cutting starts :)

Do it like a surgen teaching a class of students,

safety glasses all around guys lol

Scalpal...Check

Dremil...Check

Elastoplast...Check

no drinking the night before when cutting ill need a steady hand for this one Pree :blink:

• Like 1

Measure twice - cut once!

Very good advice... :)

...just to add, I highly advise keep all limbs and extremeties away from sharp implements - a lesson hard learned in my experience!

• Like 2

U got guts lenny to go chopin into the dash but good luck

If their was somewhere i could go to get someone to fit this for me id be their first thing in the morning mate :lol:

Ill take plenty of tea breaks and time to think on this one lol if all goes well ill start cutting on the 26th if the Dremil arrives before then.

if it doesnt work ill give up modding for New Years resolution ;)

Measure twice - cut once!

Thanks mate,

ill measure plenty of times first, id much prefer to cut it small and then shave it to the right size,

rather than to cut too big and be forever sorry :blink:

Very good advice... :)

...just to add, I highly advise keep all limbs and extremeties away from sharp implements - a lesson hard learned in my experience!

Thanks Jeebo mate :lol:

i dont ware ties and im not a naturest so best efforts will be taken to prevent loss or injury :D

only tools i plan to use are a measuring tape and a Dremil hope it will work fine with only those items.

if i have to reach for the hammer, then its all over :angry:

Found this thread from a new member on the forum who has adapted the ST gauges to operate with any focus.

thought id put a link to his guide on this thread for future reference guys Click Here

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club