• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Name: William
  • Ford Model: focus
  • Year: 2010

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:38 PM

Hi,

I just got a 2010 Focus with the standard 6000CD, but I'm having a problem with it - Whenever my iPod is plugged in to the AUX port, there is horrible static hissing noise. Also, I've tested it using a cable that lets me disconnect the right and left channels independently, and with the focus even if I unplug one of the channels, sound comes out of both sides (right + left speakers). I tried it in a Fiesta with the older style 6000CD and disconnecting either channel means that no sounds comes from that side of the car.

I am assuming that my problem is caused by a short somewhere... does anyone have any idea? The car has warranty, but it is quite far to the nearest garage and a lot of hassle. Do all focuses do this? or is it just mine?

Thanks!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 11,706 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Mk2.5 Focus ZetecS 1.6TDCi superleggero
Contributor

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:48 PM

Hi,

I just got a 2010 Focus with the standard 6000CD, but I'm having a problem with it - Whenever my iPod is plugged in to the AUX port, there is horrible static hissing noise. Also, I've tested it using a cable that lets me disconnect the right and left channels independently, and with the focus even if I unplug one of the channels, sound comes out of both sides (right + left speakers). I tried it in a Fiesta with the older style 6000CD and disconnecting either channel means that no sounds comes from that side of the car.

I am assuming that my problem is caused by a short somewhere... does anyone have any idea? The car has warranty, but it is quite far to the nearest garage and a lot of hassle. Do all focuses do this? or is it just mine?

Thanks!

try removing the bass boost and equiliser settings on the ipod this can remove any hissing on the stereo mate,

#3 ajthomason

ajthomason

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Name: William
  • Ford Model: focus

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:54 AM

try removing the bass boost and equiliser settings on the ipod this can remove any hissing on the stereo mate,

Thanks, I've given it a shot and I still have the same problem!

I'm going to use a multimeter to test if there is definitely a short later on. Do you know how easy it is to get the AUX port out if there is one? Do I need to take the glovebox out?

Thanks.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users