Do Not Sell My Personal Information

57 Fiesta Zetec - Water In Doors

gk141054

Hi guys, the girlfriend has a 2007 (57) Fiesta Zetec since new and we have recently noticed that when we park facing down hill (i.e. on our drive) in the morning after it has rained, we open the door and water pours out of the drain hole in the middle of the door.

Now i'm happy its coming out, but surely it shouldn't collect in the first place....

I have read elsewhere that Ford sometimes "forget" to drill a front drain hole in the door which would explain why it happens when facing down hill.

Was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this and how they got it sorted...

What are the chances that Ford will fix this under warranty... car is now 16 months old.

Cheers

if your car was serviced within 12 months or 12,500 mles as stated in manual and can prove by dealer stamp or reciepy you have 3 yrs warranty.

Hi guys, the girlfriend has a 2007 (57) Fiesta Zetec since new and we have recently noticed that when we park facing down hill (i.e. on our drive) in the morning after it has rained, we open the door and water pours out of the drain hole in the middle of the door.

Now i'm happy its coming out, but surely it shouldn't collect in the first place....

I have read elsewhere that Ford sometimes "forget" to drill a front drain hole in the door which would explain why it happens when facing down hill.

Was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this and how they got it sorted...

What are the chances that Ford will fix this under warranty... car is now 16 months old.

Cheers

I have this problem on my 07 Zetec S But my water isn't draining out :( can anyone help me with this? are the drainage holes in the metal or the plastic under the door?

Thanks

both get yourself down to fords there in warranty get it fixed for free this is a known fault. they make enough when they sell these cars . take em back say your not happy.

I have just found out according to my local ford dealer "Water ingress is only covered for 12 months" ! ! ! Its been raining hard for 2 days striaght now I have a small swimming pool in my car door by the sounds of it. Apparently it is the owners responsibilty to keept he drainage holes clear. I can't find them on my door? I need to drain this water out urgently. Anyone any info for DIY temporary fix or where they are and how to clear them.

Thanks guys

Sorry in advance for multiple postings. But I have just fixed my drainange problem!!! YAY!!!

Basicly gk141054 the "drainage holes" are more like drainage slits. Park your car on a hill facing up it. Then just on the underside of the door there is a tiny slit. Mine was blocked up with motorway gunk. (salt and dirt mixture). Got a knife and just poked it a little bit and the water poured out. Work your way along and there is another slit aprox in the middle of the door and then theres a hole just at the front. If you cant see properly get a cloth and wipe in between the rubber seel and the outer part of the door and you may even get lucky by just doing that. If you need pictures I will be happy to help. But have read elsewhere that it is the dirvers responsibilty to keep these holes clean... odd since its a design flaw.

:)

Sorry in advance for multiple postings. But I have just fixed my drainange problem!!! YAY!!!

Basicly gk141054 the "drainage holes" are more like drainage slits. Park your car on a hill facing up it. Then just on the underside of the door there is a tiny slit. Mine was blocked up with motorway gunk. (salt and dirt mixture). Got a knife and just poked it a little bit and the water poured out. Work your way along and there is another slit aprox in the middle of the door and then theres a hole just at the front. If you cant see properly get a cloth and wipe in between the rubber seel and the outer part of the door and you may even get lucky by just doing that. If you need pictures I will be happy to help. But have read elsewhere that it is the dirvers responsibilty to keep these holes clean... odd since its a design flaw.

:)

Sorry to raise this again guys but I am having this exact same problem with my 56 Plate. Water is getting caught in the

passenger side door.

It seems that, when the door is open, the water pours out of the bottom but as it's shut most of the time it seems to

be building up and then coming into the car.

Can you provide some photos as to exactly what needs cleaning here as this is starting to cause some concern.

Oh, and I got the same response from Ford. "The seals are only covered for a 12 month period". Thieving B*******! :angry:

Thanks in advance for your help.

Can't take photos as i'm busy, but not being funny, if you look at the bottom of the doors about 1/2" to 1" up from the very bottom of the door, there is a slit about half way along and also towards the back of the door and then at the very front of the door there is a little hole - this one is round.

On mine the front hole was gunked up with thick black goo. I just poked a stick up the hole and water came out.... mission accomplished.

As I said, don't take this the wrong way mate, but you shouldn't need photos, if you have eyes you should be able to find the holes.

• 2 months later...

What about the rear doors of my 5-Dr. There are only the 2 slits in each, -- nothing at the forward end of these doors. My dealer said that is the way they should be ; --- can I believe him!!

After all, I have heard that the 3-year warranty only covers the engine & gearbox, and nowadays dealers and customer relations departments seem to exist to fend off complaints. Even Toyota have a bad reputation at UK HQ, to the extent that they have transferred a senior man from Lexus to take command of Customer Relations in the UK. SEAT only have 2 years factory warranty, with the 3rd being covered by the dealer.

Does anyone know if I should have a drain slit at the forward end of the rear doors? -- Anyone?

I would have thought it should have one front, middle and back....

If there isn't one at the front and you park facing down a slight incline (like on my drive) then the water is going to all sit in the front of the door....

Are you certain that there is no hole.... it might not be the same shape as the others, I think on our three door the front hole is a small round hole whereas the middle and back are more slits.... i'm guessing there definately isn't anything since you have been to the dealer with it.

My front hole was gunked up with black s*it and a poke with a bamboo skewer opened the hole again.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club