Do Not Sell My Personal Information

White Smoke And Chuffing Noise On Startup

elderone

Hi I have a 2010 fiesta tdci with 25000 miles on it. It has been serviced recently and was running fine. Regarding the smoking, lately on a couple of occasions on starting up, the engine has struggled to idle properly straight away until I rev it and it kicks out a cloud of white smoke from the exhaust then it will run seemingly fine after that. One morning it started but only ticked over at about 200 revs and showed what I think was an oil light on the dash briefly for a couple of seconds. So I pushed on the go pedal and after spitting out a cloude of smoke it idled normally and light went out. Regarding the chuffing sort of sound, the noise is coming from down the cambelt side of the engine somewhere down the side and this only happens when the car has been left to go cold for a few hours and will make this sound for the first few miles then it dissapears this may be normal I don't know. Could anyone advise what these issues could be please?

Hi I have a 2010 fiesta tdci with 25000 miles on it. It has been serviced recently and was running fine. Regarding the smoking, lately on a couple of occasions on starting up, the engine has struggled to idle properly straight away until I rev it and it kicks out a cloud of white smoke from the exhaust then it will run seemingly fine after that. One morning it started but only ticked over at about 200 revs and showed what I think was an oil light on the dash briefly for a couple of seconds. So I pushed on the go pedal and after spitting out a cloude of smoke it idled normally and light went out. Regarding the chuffing sort of sound, the noise is coming from down the cambelt side of the engine somewhere down the side and this only happens when the car has been left to go cold for a few hours and will make this sound for the first few miles then it dissapears this may be normal I don't know. Could anyone advise what these issues could be please?

I'd take it back to the dealer? If you've got a warranty make the most of it!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club