Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Driving Me Crazy

paul galway

well still have know idea whats wrong with my car . i had it in ford main dealers today all day and they couldnt find out whats wrong with it

the car wont start first turn of the key unless when its running you push down on the accelerator

when your turning of the engine off . i have had it in four different garages and no one can tell me whats going on

and have to top the oil up every week iv no idea why its not leaking and there is no blue smoke

iv never had so many problems from one car ...any help would be great thanks

Well if 4 garages have checked it. If the plugs aren't oiled up and its not burning it, presumably they checked the head gasket, then I for one am at a loss as to what it could be.

If it was burning oil, you may not get any smoke if the Cat is doing its job really well, however the plugs would be showing signs. If the head gasket was going or gone, there would be oil in the water or vice-versa.

How many miles are you doing a week?

How much oil are you putting in?

What grade oil?

How many miles has the car done?

petrol or diesel?

It's petrol I use 5/30 oil and only do 200 miles a week just city driving . The plugs show no sign of oil on them and the head seems ok it's not over heating I'm really stumped

How much oild are you putting in each week?

If it is just a top up to put it on the Max marker, I would try leaving it until it drops to minimum. It may stabilise before it gets that low.

How much oild are you putting in each week?

If it is just a top up to put it on the Max marker, I would try leaving it until it drops to minimum. It may stabilise before it gets that low.

its bone dry every two weeks its very bad

its bone dry every two weeks its very bad

So you have a major oil escape, but no evidence of where its going? you dont have any pools or traces behind you on the road as if its leaked out?

I wonder if the oil has been burned off though...

So you have a major oil escape, but no evidence of where its going? you dont have any pools or traces behind you on the road as if its leaked out?

I wonder if the oil has been burned off though...

ya not a drop any where i have it parked in my shead with white paper under it and not even one drop and the engine bay is spotless no oil any where

i have notice white gunk on the oil cap today

any ideas anyone

I also have this probleme. I heard it could be the acceleration valve, acceleration choke or something like that. I programmed it for service four days from now for cleaning this valve and for updating the software. I will keep you up to date.

I also have this probleme. I heard it could be the acceleration valve, acceleration choke or something like that. I programmed it for service four days from now for cleaning this valve and for updating the software. I will keep you up to date.

thanks please do i would be very interested in finding out

thanks please do i would be very interested in finding out

So, this happened to my car:

1.kam reset

2.cleaning acceleration body and valve (if I translated well)

3. reprogramed pcm

I dont know what it means, this is on my bill. This morning my car started fine.

I have 2.0 petrol Mondeo 4. Hope it will turn out well for you too. Regards

So, this happened to my car:

1.kam reset

2.cleaning acceleration body and valve (if I translated well)

3. reprogramed pcm

I dont know what it means, this is on my bill. This morning my car started fine.

I have 2.0 petrol Mondeo 4. Hope it will turn out well for you too. Regards

thats great thanks i will try this myself and let you know how i get on thanks for the reply

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club