Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Focus Titanium X

G Phillips

My lovely New Focus 2.0 Diesel estate did not come with the Titanium X logo and I had to complain direct to HQ in order to get the 'Titanium X badge' added! They said the car no longer comes with the badge!!!! Why - don't they want anyone to know about this incredible car that really does park itself?

The handbook is not user friendly and there is NO separate brochure for the upgraded £500 Sony Satnav i had fitted. As a result it is very difficult to use and discover all of the functions. It is so disappointing not to have speed cameras included or any way of updating the software without paying a VERY HIGH FEE to the ford dealer to do this for you! But even if you pay the annual upgraded extortionate fee you still cannot get speed cameras! WHY NOT? A portable tomtom is so much cheaper, comes with an 'idiot proof' booklet and for a small fee you can download speed cameras.

Why can't my state of the art car, which is top of the range do the same as a cheap tomtom???????????

Would everyone reading this please pass this on and ask everyone else to complain direct to Ford HQ. Only if enough people complain will they bother to do anything, so please support this request. THANKS.

Titanium X doesn't come with badge, never has done. There has been another post on here mentioning that and where the Titanium badge would be, it leaves no space for the X.

How many factory fitted vehicle satnavs come with speed cameras installed - not many. Simple answer don't speed LOL.

P.S. Agreed manual is absolute tosh and looks like its made from recycled grey wishy washy paper.

Typical Car sat nav, better than nothing, quite like mine, but will still use my own sat nav when needed.

You don't need the X badge, just drive and enjoy.

Parking assist is great fun!

al

Titanium X doesn't come with badge, never has done. There has been another post on here mentioning that and where the Titanium badge would be, it leaves no space for the X.

How many factory fitted vehicle satnavs come with speed cameras installed - not many. Simple answer don't speed LOL.

P.S. Agreed manual is absolute tosh and looks like its made from recycled grey wishy washy paper.

As I said the badge has been fitted with the X as there was room FOC by Ford after i complained.

As i said the badge with Titanium X has been fitted with plenty of room FOC by Ford, so everyone can now get a free badge?

Hi, I wouldn't have the badge even if Ford paid me too, the font match to the focus one is different thus, to me, it looks weird. No speed camera and expensive map updates is the reason I never buy a sat nav that built in, research is a blessing. Maybe Ford are being more 'green' by making the manual out of recycled paper and including the sat nav instructions within it...

Chris

Well I have debadged mine as I think it looks better ?

i found the car on whole dissapointing the self park is a jolk by the time you set it up you could have parked manually 5 times the manual was a bit full i found the heating vents to be poor for face the heated screen seems to take longer than my mk2 the steering controls a pain especially the volume control and the stereo i found myself paying more attention to the screen than the road and the all new car not so new same trim tarted up same engine as the mk2 same plastic skirt protectors as the mk1 however i did like the steering better than the hydraulic and its quieter should be with the thickness of the padding though the dash looks nice and i like the front end of the car. i have to say it was a courtesy car with 3k on the clock but the inside was misted up even the dash dials were fogged up a bit after 3 days in the cold turned out there was a leak from the rear lights so new car same old issues and the grill shutting mechanism failed closing when it should be open and open when it should be closed so ill be glad to give it back im not being biased i just personally did not like the car or the silly light dials tucked away where i cant see them

Hi, I just cannot agree with you, seems like you're talking about a completely different car, plus the fact your post is extremely difficult to read...

Chris

Hi, I just cannot agree with you, seems like you're talking about a completely different car, plus the fact your post is extremely difficult to read...

Chris

like i said its down to taste but theres no denying its not an all new focus having had mk1 and mk2 its a mish mash of both with posher trim but me personally i dont like it, for the reasons above but each to there own 3k on the clock and leaks faulty grill shutters thats on mine the guy in front of me had a keyless entry fault and said hes been back with it 4 times already for various issues mainly technology issues usb not working radio not turning on and the screen on the radio fading. agree or not im simply sharing my experience of the car from my seating position i cannot see without ducking the two small buttons next to the headlight dial, i find the double pad on the wheel annoying and a bit awkward to use and to change the radio station using that pad means looking at the screen and not the road, the screen doesnt clear as quick as my mk2 in fact nowhere near as quick and the vents whistle on max directed at the face and looking closely youll find bits of foam stuck up in every nook and crevice little square blocks.

as said i do like the steering and the fact its quieter i like the design internally and on the front end but its not all new but its my point of view and my taste

Hi congrats on your new car

Would not worry about a badge on the back , I have a titanium mk2.5 that has a badge looks ok but Im not bothered if its there or not and with the added x just would look worse in my oppion

I have a sat nav in mine which has no speed camera , i was asking about them also ,looks like a no go but then i dont speed anyway so not that bothered ,just nice to know where they are. As for in-built satnavs I think the mapping is very very accurate so far its been very precise.

If they dont offer them on the car, I think a factory fitted radar detector would work well alongside the Sat Nav, as long as you can update it... lol

I dont understand why they dont do it, but then again, I dont understand a lot that Ford does...

like i said its down to taste but theres no denying its not an all new focus having had mk1 and mk2 its a mish mash of both with posher trim but me personally i dont like it, for the reasons above but each to there own 3k on the clock and leaks faulty grill shutters thats on mine the guy in front of me had a keyless entry fault and said hes been back with it 4 times already for various issues mainly technology issues usb not working radio not turning on and the screen on the radio fading. agree or not im simply sharing my experience of the car from my seating position i cannot see without ducking the two small buttons next to the headlight dial, i find the double pad on the wheel annoying and a bit awkward to use and to change the radio station using that pad means looking at the screen and not the road, the screen doesnt clear as quick as my mk2 in fact nowhere near as quick and the vents whistle on max directed at the face and looking closely youll find bits of foam stuck up in every nook and crevice little square blocks.

as said i do like the steering and the fact its quieter i like the design internally and on the front end but its not all new but its my point of view and my taste

Hi, well my judgment isn't based upon one poorly maintained car, outnumbered considerably by excellent and constructive feedback from owners, especially one negative and unreadable comment lacking in facts that have nothing to do with the OP...

Chris

• Like 1

+1... havent got round to debadging this one yet... but i will!

I leave the TDCi badge on and thats it...

Hi, well my judgment isn't based upon one poorly maintained car, outnumbered considerably by excellent and constructive feedback from owners, especially one negative and unreadable comment lacking in facts that have nothing to do with the OP...

Chris

poorly maintained its brand new with 3k on the clock, fair enough i can be unbiased. each to there own youre entitled to youre opinion and i mine . as for facts ive had more fords than half the guys on here i know my cars and i know this one .as for feedback from owners most are biased ive had 3 courtesy focuses and they all have the same issues and all are new one had 300 miles on the clock yet i made good points about the car and it was ignored nice design... quiet.... more refined... better steering set up...more comfortable with softer suspension

faulty grill opening mechanism according to the mechanic hes had a few already

poorly sealed rear light allowing water ingress hes had a few of them also

the engine is the mk2 ti vct engine not new the trim panels are from the mk2 along with the dial knobs dash plastic trim gearknob handbrake cover rear window handles door handles the list goes on so all new it isnt

as for judgement all focuses have issues including this one.listed issues so far since launch rattling gearboxes, missfiring and stuttering, keyless entry faults, faulty rear screens, faulty start buttons, water ingress to rear thats from ford mastertech 30 years experience at one dealers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club