8 replies to this topic

#1 stevepil

stevepil

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:27 PM

Hi All

I have posted on here before about damage to underside of my car as am worried, as my car is due to return from lease soon and concerned how much they may bill me as it says on my return form "significant damage to underside of car or chassis is unacceptable"

Is this deemed significant would you say?

I have applied waxoyl to it and you can see where that has settled on the damage, I have filed down all the loose bits metal. You can still see it if under car and am worried as know the inspectors will spot it as they are thorough, how big bill could they hit me with!

So frustrating, I have taken it to garages and they said not much they can do but know if lex autolease have a way of billing they will.

Any views / help / anyone work for these companies in past.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• 052.JPG
  • 051.JPG
  • 053.JPG

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,337 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3.5 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2015
Contributor

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:43 PM

If they do see it , they will Bill you , no idea how much , and like you say depends how much they look it over , if the rest of the car is looking nice and clean they may no inspect underneath.
The only other way if your worried is take it to a body shop and get it fixed yourself.

#3 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,885 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:46 AM

If they do see it , they will Bill you , no idea how much , and like you say depends how much they look it over , if the rest of the car is looking nice and clean they may no inspect underneath.
The only other way if your worried is take it to a body shop and get it fixed yourself.

being close to the main structural point they will check it and see it the pictures dont show how bad it is or isnt it may be it can be heated and hammered or they will ask for a new section welded in either way it could be very expensive ive had welding like that done before and it was around 600 quid as they have to strip the underseal and remove interior trim

#4 stevepil

stevepil

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:13 PM

Thanks for the replies, the pictures do make it look a lot worse then it is when checking under car.... I am worried about the cost, the bodyshop I took to said not much they could do with it and to leave it, but as its a lease car I am not so sure.

Thanks for the advice though, I suppose just have to wait for the bill :(

#5 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,885 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:32 AM

If the body shop said that then it cant be that bad so probably nowt to worry about

#6 fishpond 47

fishpond 47

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 363 posts
  • Ford Model: mk3 mondeo x2 + a ka

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:40 AM

Bit confused here, if it's a lease car, is'nt it insured? you will lose any deposit and there insurance should cover the damage (then there insurance claims of your insurance if you have any)

This is what insurances are for.

#7 tomo2001

tomo2001

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi Titanium X
  • Year: 2011

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:58 AM

I've had 6 lease cars now and not one has ever been inspected underneath. The person that collects them normally looks round the exterior/interior and then gives you the paperwork to sign agreeing with their findings. Both my last two cars have been taken straight to the auctions by the collecting driver.

#8 stevepil

stevepil

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:45 PM

I've had 6 lease cars now and not one has ever been inspected underneath. The person that collects them normally looks round the exterior/interior and then gives you the paperwork to sign agreeing with their findings. Both my last two cars have been taken straight to the auctions by the collecting driver.

Thanks for this, is this through company car, lease plan also? ie a 4 year deal? I was told they go to BVRLA for inspection? Thanks

#9 tomo2001

tomo2001

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi Titanium X
  • Year: 2011

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:06 AM

Had Leaseplan before but last 2 were IFS (Inchcape). Never had an issue, but don't take that as the norm ;)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users