Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Filter, Turbo, Dpf ,egr Replaced Oil Covering Left Side Of Engine

Antifaith

Some of you may have seen me in other threads so ill give you the short story

Replaced the dpf, egr, oil pick up pipe, oil feeder pipe, turbo because of dpf failure, am about to replace fuel filter due to bunny hopping when putting pressure on the engine.

Checked my oil level tonight and noticed there is oil covering the whole left side of the engine bay...literally covering. The alternator is dripping with oil the fan belt is soaked, and throwing oil everywhere making it hard to pinpoint where the leak is from, the axle is also covered so its got to be spraying from somewhere.

Just hoping someone can offer some kind of advice, I've checked the gasket on the turbo, and all the turbo side of things looks fine, I think it could possibly be something by the radiator, the oil cooler maybe?

Never buying a ford again after this, so dissapointed

And skint

Some of you may have seen me in other threads so ill give you the short story

Replaced the dpf, egr, oil pick up pipe, oil feeder pipe, turbo because of dpf failure, am about to replace fuel filter due to bunny hopping when putting pressure on the engine.

Checked my oil level tonight and noticed there is oil covering the whole left side of the engine bay...literally covering. The alternator is dripping with oil the fan belt is soaked, and throwing oil everywhere making it hard to pinpoint where the leak is from, the axle is also covered so its got to be spraying from somewhere.

Just hoping someone can offer some kind of advice, I've checked the gasket on the turbo, and all the turbo side of things looks fine, I think it could possibly be something by the radiator, the oil cooler maybe?

Never buying a ford again after this, so dissapointed

And skint

it could be many things an oil seal blown power steering pump or pipe leak rocker cover turbo feed pipe oil cooler without cleaning it down and starting the engine with the bonnet open and looking for it its anyones guess where why did so much need done simply from a dpf failure? ive known the turbos to go but not from a dpf failure its not really a ford thing its a diesel thing with all manufacturers some japanese manufacturers are worse and like any diesel a lot are being sold as they were not looked after properly and sold on before the impending big bill youve recieved

I can cross out power steering, rocker cover and turbo feed pipe as the source is from lower down, the rocker cover has no visible leaks, the turbo I've checked thoroughly as I was replacing it and there is no oil running down the dpf, and the power steering still works fine - my best bet it the oil cooler as it looks REAL messy around there, I'm going to take it in to ford tomorrow anyway as I want to have a hassle free Christmas break, without being covered in oil at any point!

The Dpf fills up forcing carbon into the turbo, then into the oil system as it is returned, since the carbon is now in the oil supply it gets brought around the engine and back up the oil feeder pipe into the turbo, which over time blocks the oil feeder pipe, causing oil starvation - this coupled with the carbon acting as anti lubrication = a blown turbo

On these 1.6 Diesel focus's the 3rd injector also runs too hot and burns off the oil inside the engine leaving carbon deposits, which in turn causes it to clog up and causes a whole host of other problems - the extra carbon can also cause added engine pressure as several hoses and feeder lines may be blocked with carbon deposits - which is why I'm experiencing a load more issues I imagine

What a great way to spend all of my Christmas money...

Yay Ford...

It was the oil sump - it hadn't sealed properly when I reattached it as I'd done it in a bit of a rush and had made a nice little gap where oil was shooting politely out of onto the flywheel, throwing more oil around the engine bay than you generally like to see - so I steam cleaned the lot and resealed it properly - power has come back even if it is running a little sluggish - bit of a ball ache though, ended up doing it myself as fraud wanted £400....LOL!

Well done for sorting it in the end. It does look like you have had to put up with a lot. Thats why I wont touch diesels of any make. DPF's, DMF's and EGR valves cause so many headaches in all makes of car. They cant be used like the older simpler diesels.

My mate just spent £3.5k on a Renault Clio which all started with an EGR problem. So its not just Fords.

Diesel is good for power, good for economy, and good for fun, but bad for expense (IMHO). My diesel was the spawn of the devil and given half a chance it would have been under the wheels of an 18 tonner and with an insurance payout... I just hadnt practiced my Bond impression enough to get safely out of the car!

I have a petrol now, and sometimes wish I had the diesel (if not anything else but for the economy) otherwise as you say DMF / DPF / EGR they can be more of a headache than a pleasure...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club