Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rubber Seal For Tailgate On Mk 4 Mondeo

rufus2

Can anyone give me a part number or any info on what I understand is a modification in the way of a rubber seal fitted to the tailgate of the early MK4 Mondeos in order to stop water from pouring into the boot when lifting the tailgate following rain. My local Ford parts agent didnt know about it when I telephoned them. The mod as I understand it channels water to the top of the rear window when the tailgate is lifted and dumps it in the channel at the top of the boot and allows it to run down the side and away.

Any more info would be appreciated.

done some more looking into this for you, there is actually a ford TSB (tech service bulletin) about the problem so ford know about it, talk to you dealer with the following info.

TSB No 74-2009

Part numbers for rubber strips

FINIS CODE 1614841 R Hand

1614872 L Hand

the strips were fitted from 2008 onwards but not on the early mk4, and with a TSB there should be no charge.

Many thanks Mintalkin

Thats very helpful.I will give the dealer a visit and see if I can get a free fit.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner but I had to go out after posting my request.

Once again many thanks

• 8 months later...

Hi rufus2,

I have just bought a Mondeo and found the same problem. Did you get the rubber bits fitted for free?

Thanks,

Frankie.

• 1 year later...

I think it might be getting in at the bottom of the rear window past seal , it the only place I think it,s getting Iain .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club