#1 Missmoore

Missmoore

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Name: Helen
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2010

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:39 PM

Hi, when I switch my car off the radio won't switch off automatically so I have to do it manually and the audio display panel light stays on constantly even when the cars been off for hours. Anyone got any advice for me please?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 rojariggs

rojariggs

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Name: Roger
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Titanium
  • Year: 2011

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:46 PM

Has it been like this for a long time or has it just started doing this?

If it's always done it, it's because it's not been wired through the ignition and is effectively connected directly to the battery. It does no harm providing you remember to turn it off so you don't run your battery down. Fix it by removing the stereo and wiring it through the ignition. How easy or difficult ths is depends of how much of a bodge was done when the stereo was installed.

If it's recently started doing this then you most likely have developed a wiring fault or a fault with the stereo that is bypassing the ignition connection. Fix this by removing the stereo and checking the wiring. Again, exacly what will be needed won't be clear until the wiring or head unit is examined.

Cheers

Rog

#3 Missmoore

Missmoore

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Name: Helen
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2010

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:05 PM

Just started today, it's on a mk7 fiesta with the built in radio panel thingy so can't take it out either. The whole audio display section lights won't go off aswell

#4 rojariggs

rojariggs

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Name: Roger
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Titanium
  • Year: 2011

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:24 PM

I presume it's still under warranty? Get it booked in for them to check it out.

Cheers

Rog

#5 abrittas

abrittas

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:42 PM

Sorry to resurrect an old topic but my partners Fiesta mk7 was suffering from exactly this issue.

As a temporary fix I accessed the passenger compartment fuse box (behind the glove box) and removed and then immediately replaced fuse 20 (multifunction display fuse). This reset the radio display and allowed me to turn it off, therefore temporarily fixing the issue and allaying any concerns about draining the battery. Hope that helps someone.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users