Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Missmoore

Radio Won't Go Off

5 posts in this topic

Hi, when I switch my car off the radio won't switch off automatically so I have to do it manually and the audio display panel light stays on constantly even when the cars been off for hours. Anyone got any advice for me please?

Has it been like this for a long time or has it just started doing this?

If it's always done it, it's because it's not been wired through the ignition and is effectively connected directly to the battery. It does no harm providing you remember to turn it off so you don't run your battery down. Fix it by removing the stereo and wiring it through the ignition. How easy or difficult ths is depends of how much of a bodge was done when the stereo was installed.

If it's recently started doing this then you most likely have developed a wiring fault or a fault with the stereo that is bypassing the ignition connection. Fix this by removing the stereo and checking the wiring. Again, exacly what will be needed won't be clear until the wiring or head unit is examined.

Cheers

Rog

Just started today, it's on a mk7 fiesta with the built in radio panel thingy so can't take it out either. The whole audio display section lights won't go off aswell

I presume it's still under warranty? Get it booked in for them to check it out.

Cheers

Rog

Sorry to resurrect an old topic but my partners Fiesta mk7 was suffering from exactly this issue.

As a temporary fix I accessed the passenger compartment fuse box (behind the glove box) and removed and then immediately replaced fuse 20 (multifunction display fuse). This reset the radio display and allowed me to turn it off, therefore temporarily fixing the issue and allaying any concerns about draining the battery. Hope that helps someone.