Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retro-Fitting Bluetooth To A 58Plate Titanium

DaveRushton

Hi guys, this is my first post here, i have just bought a 58 plate Black 2.0 TDCi TItanium...Its ace, but i forgot to ask the bloke at the garage if it had bluetooth, and just as my luck would have it.....it doesnt.....I need to know what i need to do to get it.....I have looked all over the place and found different bits of information but nothing conclusive and concise.

I removed my glove box and i have a plug which was taped up, i believe thats to connect to the nokia bluetooth thing...

What else do i need to check before i buy the nokia bluetooth adapter etc?

Any help is appreciated....

• Like 1

Hi guys, this is my first post here, i have just bought a 58 plate Black 2.0 TDCi TItanium...Its ace, but i forgot to ask the bloke at the garage if it had bluetooth, and just as my luck would have it.....it doesnt.....I need to know what i need to do to get it.....I have looked all over the place and found different bits of information but nothing conclusive and concise.

I removed my glove box and i have a plug which was taped up, i believe thats to connect to the nokia bluetooth thing...

I thought bluetooth is standard in Titanium model? . you sure it has'nt got it already?

Na it isnt im afriad :/, definitely not got it, which is rather annoying!! But i dont want a parrot so ill have to buy the bits etc, had anyone done it?

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum

if you get a moment join photobucketand upload some picture's of your motor,

you can then link them to this forum,

once uploaded go to Album,

below or above each picture on photobucket is an Image URL

copy this URL and paste it in to your posts

once pasted in the post remove the

.img from either side of the link then its job done,

also check out DMB Graphics for Ford badge Overlays and vintage Decals Click Here

and see my guides listed below this post you may find some of Interest.

for the bluetooth system you will need to change the front interior light surround to one that has a mic. Click Here

also once you have the bluetooth module fitted you will need ford to activate the stereo to run the bluetooth system.

Hope this helps mate B)

Na it isnt im afriad :/, definitely not got it, which is rather annoying!! But i dont want a parrot so ill have to buy the bits etc, had anyone done it?

what does the stereo display when you press the pick up button for a couple of seconds mate ?

I already have the mic light system there, where it projects the orange light out of at night also, it just mutes the sound on the sterio :/

• Like 1

I already have the mic light system there, where it projects the orange light out of at night also, it just mutes the sound on the sterio :/

its very unusual that you dont have the bluetooth module, and ford dont tape up the plugs that are not in use mate, they just leave them loose,

so my guess is that who ever sold the car or owned it before you, has removed the module and tapped up the plug, so if you fit the module or take it back to ford you may have some come back on it because if they enter your vin number on ford etis it will display the bluetooth being fitted in your car because the bluetooth system comes as standard on the titanium spec.

Here is a link to ford etis Click Here

if you enter the VIN number from your car in to the box it will display everything that ford fitted to your car on the factory floor

As stated here are the specs....

Primary Features

Build Date: 30.09.2008

Vehicle Line: Focus 2008-

Body Style: 5 Door Saloon

Version: Series 40

Engine: 2.0L Duratorq-TDCi (136PS) - DW10

Transmission: 6 Speed Manual Transaxle - MMT6

Drive: RHD FWD

Emission: Stage IV Emissions

Air Conditioning: Manual Air Conditioning

Territory: (+)"GB"

Paint: Panther Black (Metallic)

Interior Fabric: New York (A-C)

Minor Features

Valencia Plant Built

Security Lock Group #6

Convenience Group No.3

Marketing Level 1

With Auto Closing Windows

Power Front Windows One Touch Up/Do

Power Rear Window One Shot Up/Down

With Privacy Glass

With Heated Windscreen

With Cooled Glove Box

With Short Floor Console

Int Env Colour - Medium Dark Flint

Interior Feature Colour - Ebony

Front Floor Carpet mats

With Load Floor Carpet

With Rear Spoiler

With Electrochromic R/View Mirror

Dual Power Htd Signal Mirrors

With Rear Center Head Restraint

With Drivers Manual Lumbar Support

With Driver 4 Way Mnl.Seat Adjuster

With Pass 2 Way Manual Seat Adjust

Ignition Flip Key With Remote Unit

With Second Remote Ign Flip Key

With Door Dead Locks

With Door Entry Remote Control Unit

With Automatic Windscreen wiper

With Heated Washer Jet

Air Crtn Rstrnt LH

With Driver Air Bag

With Passenger Air Bag

With Side Air Bag - Drivers Side

With Side Air Bag - Passenger Side

With Steel Spare Wheel

With Standard Rear Shock Absorbers

7.0 X 16" 20 Spoke Aluminium Wheels

205/55VR-16 BSW Tyre

Locking Wheel Nuts

With Standard Suspension

With Rear Disc Brakes

With Brake Emergency Assist

With IVD/Traction Control/ABS

Sports Front Seat

With Fixed Foot Pedals

4 Spoke Leather Steering Wheel

With Speed Control

With Supplemental Air Heater

With Instrument Cluster - Rheostat

Thatcham Catergory 1 Alarm System

With A/V Jack

High Level With CD And AM/FM Radio

Ice Feature Pack 6

With 8 High Series Radio Speakers

With Column Stalk Radio Controls

With Auto Headlamps

With Halogen Headlamp

With Front Fog Lamps

With Black Headlamp Bezels

With Footwell Lights

Tail lamps - Level 1

With Automatic Headlamp Control

• Like 1

Na bluetooth isnt fitted, nor is it found after i typed in my VIN number.

your the first titanium owner i know that hasent got all the features mate, if you fit the module it should be the only hardware you need to get it going,

also would be no harm to take down the interior light and ensure their is a mic at the back of the grill,

their is a bluetooth module on eBay Click Here and Click Here

Yeah i have seen those, i have one more question, i have the smaller plug for the module, but what goes into the larger plug? is that some loom for the cd player? ive been offered one for £50 so i think ill grab it and give it a go!

I have the cruise control....its weird, do you have the microphone place in your light fitting also?

Just put a random bid of £50 for that one ... ( http://www.ebay.co.u...9#ht_1724wt_952 ) and they accepted. so all good give it a go and try it!

You got a good deal at £50 mate,

im not sure what the other plug could be for.. is it behind the glovebox?

it could be the loom for the air bag de-activation switch that fits in the glove box,

the facelift model of focus has an optional 6cd changer but its an all in one system the 6cds go in to the main unit so no extra changer unit required.

I have the cruise control....its weird, do you have the microphone place in your light fitting also?

No idea tbh, but i will have a look tomorrow.

• Like 1

Yeah its a 4 pin plug i think with a red connector, It was behind the glovebox taped up its on the same loom as the aux. ive got another one i can get for £50 if anyone is interested?

• Like 1

Does anyone know what the larger plug is for on the bluetooth unit? is it a new loom?

Ok, ive been searching the internet for the last 3 days and i have found a v good how-to telling you how to do this.....Hope it helps someone as ive been struggling like mad with it!

http://dc121.4shared.com/doc/858qrNBX/preview.html

Also this is very interesting.... http://www.ford-focus.dk/Forum/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?42141

Hope it helps

• Like 2

yeah, great find. I may keep an eye out for the parts over the next couple of months on eBay and then have a go at this. :)

I can give you the details of someone you can buy a module off for £50, i was meant to buy it, but had another bid accepted on eBay.

nice find mate... all looks far too confusing for me, or id have a go lol ill just have to stick with just using the aux port in the glove box

I can give you the details of someone you can buy a module off for £50, i was meant to buy it, but had another bid accepted on ebay.

hi mate.

I got an 08 focus titanium also (petrol model) but same spec as yours. How did you get on with the bluetooth then?

Was it just the module you needed? do you need any additonal cables etc? or are they located behind the glovebox and is it just a matter of connecting? Did I read somewhere that ford need to activate the stereo?

mine has the sony head unit fitted which has the green and red phone symbols on the console and when pressed just mute the stereo - its the single cd version. I also got the orange on board dash lights and I'm pretty sure this contains the mic for the bluetooth but need to check.

It would be a bonus if I could get bluetooth through the stereo if its relatively easy to do - but wanted to know how you got on before I order the module.

Appreciate your advice on this please?

Cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club