Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retro-Fitting Bluetooth To A 58Plate Titanium

DaveRushton

Hi there, i havnt done it yet, been busy with work etc. Regarding the cables i dont have the loom there, but im assuming its simple just to put a new loom in the back of the cd player.....hopefully cheap also!! With your courtesy light take the plastic off around the bulbs(it just clips out) then pull the actual unit out. After this is done squeeze ya hand into it and you will find a cable secured in the plastic of the light surround.....i believe this is for the microphone! im going to ford on friday now, so i will chat to them then about it, see what they can advise!

hi mate.

I got an 08 focus titanium also (petrol model) but same spec as yours. How did you get on with the bluetooth then?

Was it just the module you needed? do you need any additonal cables etc? or are they located behind the glovebox and is it just a matter of connecting? Did I read somewhere that ford need to activate the stereo?

mine has the sony head unit fitted which has the green and red phone symbols on the console and when pressed just mute the stereo - its the single cd version. I also got the orange on board dash lights and I'm pretty sure this contains the mic for the bluetooth but need to check.

It would be a bonus if I could get bluetooth through the stereo if its relatively easy to do - but wanted to know how you got on before I order the module.

Appreciate your advice on this please?

Cheers

Hi guys, i have been to ford today and got a copy of the 2 parts which i think i need, i also had him print it out so you could see for reference including numbers and prices....

fordk.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone knows if this microphone from america will fit....its only £11

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AT4Z19A391AA-Microphone-10-Fusion-/250910233083?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a6b6a51fb#ht_2133wt_1002

Thanks

What about going to the scrap yard and getting one

• 2 months later...

Hi guys not sure if u fitted yet but I did mine yesterday got a good deal on module and mic and voice switch on fleabag . Ordered the loom from fjord parts uk connected it all up in 30 mins and hey presto bluetooth worked instantly .

For some rashness I can't get voice button to work? Any suggestions but at least I can use my phone on bluetooth

Any help on voice welcome its a 58 focus titanium

For some rashness I can't get voice button to work? Any suggestions but at least I can use my phone on Bluetooth

Any help on voice welcome its a 58 focus titanium

Most probably this feature requires activation. FF-ELM software might be useful, check in guides section.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, just thought i would put an update, managed to get the lot of eBay for £140, installed today, it works, dont have to go to ford or anything!! I am over the moon!! Only thing is the voice button does not work, and the mic wire is not long enough, but i can sort that soon :)

On the ELM software there is a button for "Voice" , but not 100% sure if that would be whats required

Now my "Mode" button brings up the voice command thing and it works, so i will sell my other one.

Anyone have any idea how to get contacts to sync from my iPhone 4s??

• 1 month later...

Afternoon,

Just looking for a bit of guidance if possible ?

I have bought a BT/VC module form eBay along with the steering column stalk that includes the voice button, and will shortly order the main wiring harness from fords (unless anyone knows where to get one elsewhere ?)

I have had alook in my car a sin taken out the glove box and cannot see any spare wires and come to mention it i cant actually see where i will be mounting the module ?

Can anyone give me some more idea where I am looking to mount this and also where else I might find any wiring i need ? as i guess the harnes I am buying will go from head unit to current wiring harness and also to the module and the mic ?

As I said any guidance would be really appreciated as I dontmind having a go at these things but really drew a blank when i looked behind the glovebox

Saying that if any one can also recommend somebody who likes to undertake these retrofits that would also be highly useful

Cheers

Hi guys, just thought i would put an update, managed to get the lot of ebay for £140, installed today, it works, dont have to go to ford or anything!! I am over the moon!! Only thing is the voice button does not work, and the mic wire is not long enough, but i can sort that soon :)

What kit did you have to buy, i'v got a Zetec and im not even sure if i'll have the wires behnd the glove box, and i'll need to get a Sony stereo too, all part of the fun i guess...

• 1 year later...

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help

My car is an 09 Focus Titanium with no bluetooth, but a factory fitted Sony Dab radio/CD,

I bought the parts for the Bluetooth/voice/usb retrofit, but I can't find the BT module connector anywhere in the glove box. All I can find taped up is a 6-pin black & red connector, but from what I've read this is probably for an airbag switch. Oh, and the AUX cable which is connected up to the glove box socket seems to head back across the top of the glove box towards the audio unit.

I do have the microphone connector in the light fitting (microphone is now fitted), so I though this would mean I'd also have the BT connector in the glove box. Am I wrong? I've not yet been brave enough to take the radio out to see if it's behind there. Is it likely to be?

If not, does anyone know what wiring I would need to buy?

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers.

Tim.

• 11 months later...

Hi did you ever manage to figure this out ?

I've been trying to get this working on my Focus (mk2.5, 60 plate 1.6 Titanium).

I've got the module fitted and connected, and have now got the mic and control stalk with the voice button.

Incidental it took a while to find the BT plug as it was well hidden under the sound proofing stuff !

I've managed to get my phone working with the Stereo, it can see the call list etc.

I can answer and make calls, and the person on the other end can hear me ok...but... I get no sound my end!

I'm assuming i've got something missing. The guide I followed didn't mention a loop back cable, although others do. I'm not sure I've got this.

Also voice control doesn't work, which I assume is because I've not had the ECU reprogrammed yet. Would the issue of no sound also be because of this?

Cheers

Garry

Hi Garry, in my case it turned out I needed to buy the retrofit bluetooth/audio loom, as my car didn't have the bluetooth module wiring from the factory - so totally different problem to your one.

From memory though (and you'd better check this, as mine is terrible), I think the problem you're describing might indeed be due to needing the loop cables. If that's the case then it might be you're lucky day, cos I've got a couple here that came with the BT module, but I don't need them.

I'll post them to you for nowt if you need them, but like I say, I'm not 100% sure it will fix it.

Part numbers of the two loop cables I've got here are 8M5T-119A442 and 8M5T-19A456

Cheers,

Tim

Hi did you ever manage to figure this out ?

I've been trying to get this working on my Focus (mk2.5, 60 plate 1.6 Titanium).

I've got the module fitted and connected, and have now got the mic and control stalk with the voice button.

Incidental it took a while to find the BT plug as it was well hidden under the sound proofing stuff !

I've managed to get my phone working with the Stereo, it can see the call list etc.

I can answer and make calls, and the person on the other end can hear me ok...but... I get no sound my end!

I'm assuming i've got something missing. The guide I followed didn't mention a loop back cable, although others do. I'm not sure I've got this.

Also voice control doesn't work, which I assume is because I've not had the ECU reprogrammed yet. Would the issue of no sound also be because of this?

Cheers

Garry

You need to replace the exsisting audio patch cable for one that routes the sound through the newly fitted bluetooth module, Ford Finis 1592580 (8M5T-119A442-AB) about £9.31 from your dealer.

post-41331-0-57226000-1425250398_thumb.j

The voice control can be enabled using elmconfig, more info here http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/tutorials/article/212-retrofit-bluetooth-with-voice-control-and-usb-for-focus-mk25/

And here http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/31287-guide-for-focus-mk2mk25-c-maxkuga-elm-327-cable-and-ff2-program/

I've got here 8M5T-19A442-AB and 8M5T-19A456-BB (one of each). Happy to post them to anyone who wants them, otherwise they're going in the bin.

Thanks for the replies !

I'll take the leads if your sure you don't need them !!

Send me a private message with your address and I'll post them, no problem!

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

I've swapped over the patch cable (Thanks Werewhelk), but still don't get any sound :-(

I've tried enabling the voice activation, but all I get is error messages from ELMConfig. I seem to get the module listed, but whenever I try to get the software to read from it I gt an error saying "Incorrect response from adaptor to request "22 F1 06" 7F 22 12 12 - Sub function not supported - invalid format."

I can read from all the other modules without any problems though.

I unplugged the module and left it for an hour, but still get the same response once it's reconnected.

Using ForScan, it doesn't even list the module when it scans the car.

I think I may know the reason why though... in my haste to buy the parts (even though it's taken me the best part of a year!!), I think I've got the wrong bluetooth module.

The one i've got is a 7M5T-19G488-AE, whereas I think I should have an 8M5T version. I can't understand why the stereo can see the module, but scanning on the CAN bus doesn't work though.

I'm very rusty on this, and probably not the best person to ask cos it was nearly a year ago, but I'm pretty sure you want module 8M5T-19C112-Ax, where x is another letter. If I remember rightly, you need to go for M or above if you want the USB input for playing music off a USB device or for upgrading the software of the Sony unit, so well worth looking for one with a higher letter... google this before you take my word for it though!

I seem to also remember that some modules can only be read by ELMConfig if you connect using a high speed setting (or use the "automatic selection of full speed" option). I don't know if this might be causing your problem, or even which modules it applied to. I spose it could just be the module, like you say, but might be worth checking.

In my case I went through loads of problems a bit like you before I realised I'd bought a duff/faulty module. In the end, I swapped the module and it all worked like a dream!

Good luck with getting it sorted though, you'll be buzzing once you do!

-Tim

P.S I'll never forget one brown-pants moment I had with ELM Config. I started getting all sorts of engine faults come up on the dash board. It wasn't until a panicky couple of hours later that I realised all that had happened is I'd knocked the cruise-control plug out of it's socket while fiddling about trying to install the bluetooth module. Even so, it put me off using ELM Config for life! Be careful is all I'm saying...

• 6 months later...

I thought bluetooth is standard in Titanium model? . you sure it has'nt got it already?

Not got it on my Titanium either, i thought being a higher end model it'd be loaded. Ford confirmed it didn't have it fitted although my friends Zetec has B/T and exactly the same stereo & column controls

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Bit of a bump. 

Does anyone have  8M5T-19A442-AB spare ? 

Theres issues with ford ordering in parts so can't get it. 

I have Novero 8M5T-19G488-AS, it is latest model. If someone wants it, I think you must have the latest Sony radio from 2010-2011 year.